need a engine for a 130 farmall

/ need a engine for a 130 farmall #1  

farmall 55a case

Platinum Member
Tractor
case ih farmall 55a
Hi dose anyone know where I can get a engine for a 130 farmall tractor? Hoping to find one close I live in southern Indiana but would drive up to 3hrs. Thanks!

/ need a engine for a 130 farmall #2  
Any C-123 engine should work.

Roberts Tractor, ROBERTS FARM EQUIPMENT at Rising Sun, Ohio ( Near Cincinnati) Had a C-123 listed, but asks to write for a price quote.

You can also post a "want to buy" ad on TractorHouse: http://www.tractorhouse.com/Default.aspx?pdcl=1 Third item down in the menu in red, at top left of page.

You'll need to register, and supply contact info. Salvage yard dealers usually reply within 48 hours. I have found there can be quite a bit of difference in price for some of the used parts I have looked for, so best not to jump on the first one. THEY quote you the price, so makes for pretty easy shopping. Of course overall condition can make the difference too.

/ need a engine for a 130 farmall
Thanks for the info! I wounder if there is any way to diesel power this little tractor? Has anyone done it or know of one that has been changed over to a diesel?

/ need a engine for a 130 farmall #4  
I also saw out in Oregon a rebuild shop that had a 130 long block for $1350.00. Core charge was like $850.00. Who knows what shipping would be. Used to get catalogs from a place I believe in Nebraska. Namer doesn't come to mind.. But they had racks of rebuilt engines back in the 70's and 80's. I'm thinking they either went out of business, or someone bought them out.

The 274 diesel replaced the 130/140's. I checked out the clutch housing's and a different part number. They used a Nissan 3 cyl.

I suppose a couple of adapter plates, and getting the correct spline hookup on the clutch itself, plus proper cooling would be the most difficult part. Besides a pocket full of cash...!!

/ need a engine for a 130 farmall #5  
I wouldn't try and change over to the 3 cyl diesel for 2 reasons...initial cost...and lack of support for any parts...anyway, the original gas engine was made to last 50 or so years...get a good gas engine and be happy with it till you pass it on to your next of kin....BobG in VA

/ need a engine for a 130 farmall #6  
I used a 130 block for my super A build. I know where a complete 100 is. No one would ever know the difference between the 100 and 130.

From my youtube channel.

140 block - YouTube