Antique TRIP PLOW help

/ Antique TRIP PLOW help #1  

Gary Farmall

Tractor
1951 Farmall M
Hello, my name is Gary from Augusta, Ks. and I have TWO questions, 1. what year, make, & model of plow is this. 2. where can I get the bracket that holds the disc shaft assembly. I am new to the forum and will try to upload 4 photo's. Thanks in advance for your help. I also have a 1951 farmall m that I am partial restoring to the point of working my garden. I would sure appreciate any help. Gary

Plow1.jpeg
plow2.jpeg
Plow3.jpeg
Plow4.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Antique TRIP PLOW help
I found the bracket that holds the disc shaft assembly. Looking for a good sand blaster so I can get busy on the restoration. Gary

/ Antique TRIP PLOW help #3  
Looks to be an Oliver plow. They are probably one of the best pull type plows around. When you start restoring it loom for any casting marks or logos that might help identify it as I could be wrong.

/ Antique TRIP PLOW help
Thank you Mike, I will look at the frame and look closer for any markings, My neighbor had an old trip plow with a bracket he sold me for $10.00, and was in good shape with a little rust, but what a bargain. So I adjusted my Coulter's and got the them 3 remounted. His trip plow also had rubber wheels with the plow handles that moved up and down, close but not like mine. I will look on Google photo's for Oliver trip plow Thanks, Gary

/ Antique TRIP PLOW help #5  
When you get it out to do some plowing take lots of photos for us. It is great to see old equipment doing what it was designed to do 60 some odd years later. I took a closer look at the photos. I think I see and IHC logo on it. Can you get a closer photo of the logo.

/ Antique TRIP PLOW help
Yes in about a month from now I will take a video, and photo's of me plowing with it behind the 1951 Farmall M, by the way I love the Red Green show. Your eyes are better than mine, 1st pic. re-installed coulters, 2nd pic. coulter shaft bkt. #PO 1384A, 3rd pic axle, 4th pic close up PO 17372A-----In pic #6 they did'nt dot the eye in proper place
5th pic plow frame 6th close up #PO 17434A1 ? i believe, 7th pic other plow frame #IH PO 17184 I will number the photo's in case they don't load in orderIH.jpegIH-2.jpegIH-3.jpegIH-4.jpegIH-5.jpegIH-6.jpegIH-7.jpeg

/ Antique TRIP PLOW help #7  
Looks to be an Oliver plow. They are probably one of the best pull type plows around. When you start restoring it loom for any casting marks or logos that might help identify it as I could be wrong.

I guess I was wrong. The PO casting numbers make it a International Harvester. Probably a Model #60.

/ Antique TRIP PLOW help #9  
Gary Farmall said:
Yes in about a month from now I will take a video, and photo's of me plowing with it behind the 1951 Farmall M.

How did the plowing go?

/ Antique TRIP PLOW help
The plowing was fine, although it did not go as deep as I wanted it to. I think I need to raise the Coulter's about 4 or 6 inches, anyhow the garden soil is turned with mulch and done until spring. Any sugestion"s raising the coulters? Did'nt have time for picture's or video, to much going on, along with cutting wood for the winter, and now looking for a bargain on a log splitter, if I don't find a bargain "cheap" I am going to buy the Huskey 22 ton 999 with a 10 % discount. The work goes on even into retirement. Thats the only way to keep fit LOL.