IH little genius plows

/ IH little genius plows #1  

plowrookie

Tractor
farmall B
Can anyone tell me if IH made a one bottom little genius plow?

/ IH little genius plows #2  
Welcome to the forum.
Yes they did make a single bottom plow. They are a little more rare than the 2 and 3 bottom ones. They came with a 16inch or 18inch bottom. They produced them from around 1925 up to 1960. Most likely the Little Genius #8 is what you have.

/ IH little genius plows #3  
I would love to have a 1 bottom Little Genius..!! I have a 2 bottom that came with my '36 F-12. Need the one bottom for my A's, and BN.

/ IH little genius plows #4  
Any pictures?

/ IH little genius plows
I don't have the plow yet but know who has one. Will my farmall b pull it. It is a one- 16"
Also did they make a 14'.

Thanks for the help.

/ IH little genius plows #7  
5N15I25F13Kc3kc3H8c8df268f751bbaa158f.jpg

/ IH little genius plows #8  
   / IH little genius plows #9  
If your B is up to par, it should skin right along with that 16" in second gear, in decent loam soil. A 16" bottom was what came with the A's & B's mounted style.

I have plowed many a round pulling an A-C 16" single bottom with my BN, in second gear, @ about 3/4 throttle.

/ IH little genius plows #10  
Try Chats Classis Tractors in Macomb, IL

Restored Antique Classic Farmall John Deere Allis Chalmers or Ford Tractors for Sale.

I got a two-bottom Litttle Genius from them a few years ago. Dick and Bob will know where to find what you're looking for.

Good luck.

I've found them, but $400.00 is a little rich for me..!! I sold my A-C single 16" a few years back, as seemed they weren't having club plowing days like they used to. NOW..., they are getting back into it. So..., found another nice lil' A-C single 16" again late last spring more in my price range, and bought it. Hopefully next spring, we'll get to turn a few acres over again..!! :)