Had to buy it! Super M-TA

/ Had to buy it! Super M-TA #1  

northern21

Tractor
bobcat 763, Farmall Super M-TA
Hello everyone. Just wanted to show you the Super M-TA I just bought.

Attachments

• smta 001.jpg
    smta 001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,501
  • smta 003.jpg
    smta 003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,010
  • smta 005.jpg
    smta 005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,830
   / Had to buy it! Super M-TA #2  
That's a fine looking tractor.

/ Had to buy it! Super M-TA #3  
Bob77064 said:
That's a fine looking tractor.

X2. Looks great. Do you plan on bringing it to shows or getting it dirty workin.

/ Had to buy it! Super M-TA
Mostly getting her dirty. I watched a tractor parade this Summer and never saw one of these. I think it would be a lot of fun to participate in one of those. Lots of great looking tractors there.

/ Had to buy it! Super M-TA #5  
Nice find,looks like a real straight tractor.Are you sure you have enough weight added to the rear axle?Well done on obtaining it.

/ Had to buy it! Super M-TA #6  
Looks like its ready to go another 60 years!

/ Had to buy it! Super M-TA #7  
I spent many an hour riding the seat of my dad's Super M-TA. For a long time it was our only tractor with a four row cultivator. I graduated to it from the John Deere B and it's two row cultivator. After a while though you began to wish it had power steering and real brakes. With a front mounted IH 461 cultivator it was a pain to turn at the end rows. The drum brakes just didn't have the strength to lock the wheel like the B would. The M-TA was a good tractor and did it all. Your pictures bring back a lot of good bittersweet memories. Dad's was a narrow front end with swinging drawbar. I spent a lot of time in June and July as a teenager in Eastern Iowa on the M-TA cultivating corn and soybeans

Bill

/ Had to buy it! Super M-TA #8  
barkerwc4362 said:
I spent many an hour riding the seat of my dad's Super M-TA. For a long time it was our only tractor with a four row cultivator. I graduated to it from the John Deere B and it's two row cultivator. After a while though you began to wish it had power steering and real brakes. With a front mounted IH 461 cultivator it was a pain to turn at the end rows. The drum brakes just didn't have the strength to lock the wheel like the B would. The M-TA was a good tractor and did it all. Your pictures bring back a lot of good bittersweet memories. Dad's was a narrow front end with swinging drawbar. I spent a lot of time in June and July as a teenager in Eastern Iowa on the M-TA cultivating corn and soybeans

Bill

You sure learn how to cultivate real quik. People frown upon you cultivateing the crops and not the weeds between the rows.

/ Had to buy it! Super M-TA #10  
pics?