farmall m hydraulic pump problems

/ farmall m hydraulic pump problems #1  

Garret

Tractor
Farmall M
Well, my farmall m is having hydraulic problems, and i just dont exactly know what to do, so im asking your guyss help. Whenever i go to put up pressure it just makes a noise and it tries to pick it up but it wont. when it's cold it does alright, not like i think it should. when it gets to operating temp. it wont do anything. (its a belly pump, and all i was trying to pick up was a v-hay rake, i would think it would do that)
Thanks in advance,
Garrett

/ farmall m hydraulic pump problems #2  
Put a 3000lb gauge in the line running to the rake and read the pressure while the attempt is made at lifting the rake.
That belly pump relief pops off at 650 psi or so. Would not surprise me in the least if that is not enough to raise the rake.

/ farmall m hydraulic pump problems #3  
If the relief is within specs., then sounds like a larger diameter cylinder would be the least expensive route to go.

/ farmall m hydraulic pump problems #4  
would get you more lift anyway...

/ farmall m hydraulic pump problems #5  
Garret, are you 100% sure you have the right oil in it. and have you cracked open the bottom drain plug an let any water out that has collected? Is this an old post I am replying to???

/ farmall m hydraulic pump problems #6  
last post before yours was mine and was from 10-30-2012 so.. near 4.5m old...

/ farmall m hydraulic pump problems #7  
Garret your pump should pick up your rake sounds like your pump might be wore out because when it gets warm it does nothing. I used to have 3 farmall M tractors and a big rake and mine would pick up with no problem. If you decide replacement is the way to go might i suggest BATES CORP. or WENGERS of myerstown PA as source for good new,used,and rebuilt parts Good Luck and remember dont farm part of the way FARMALL the way.