Which Hyd fluid?

/ Which Hyd fluid? #1  

Pipes

Tractor
1952 Super C
What is the current recommendation on hydraulic fluid for 1952 Super C. I have a manual, but I know fluids and oils available now were not around back then. To most this would be a no brainer, but I have very limited experience with tractors and farm equipment. Have learned a lot since joining TBN, and appreciate all input.

/ Which Hyd fluid? #2  
I would imagine that any oil that meets current Case IH requirements will work but don't take my word for it.

/ Which Hyd fluid? #3  
Dealer will tell you Hy-Tran. I've been using the Tractor Supply equilivent for 20 some years, and have not had any problems.
The last Hy-Tran I priced at a Case Construction dealer was $80.00 per 5 gallon pail. TSC equivilent runs about $39.99 here.

/ Which Hyd fluid? #4  
What is the current recommendation on hydraulic fluid for 1952 Super C. I have a manual, but I know fluids and oils available now were not around back then. To most this would be a no brainer, but I have very limited experience with tractors and farm equipment. Have learned a lot since joining TBN, and appreciate all input.

Tractor Supply Traveller hyd fluid--use it in my 1951 Farmall Super A.

/ Which Hyd fluid? #5  
Because I have a John Deere tractor, I've been using the JD Hydragard in my Super C and it works fine.

Tommy-

/ Which Hyd fluid? #6  
That is a good question! For me it would be what I'd be doing with the tractor knowing that the Case IH fluid is one of the best in the industry and can absorb a lot more moisture then other oils as many C's are not used enough the evaporate the moisture from heat.
For many of the older tractors that are more of a toy and only used for short periods of time the cheaper oils will get you by although they might need to be serviced more frequently.
Many oils say they meet the requirements of a manufactuerer but that still doesn't mean that they are as good as. For instance, shell rotella says it does that for Case engine oil, but the real match is Shell rimula not rotella!!!!!

/ Which Hyd fluid? #7  
walmart and tsc utf works for my C

/ Which Hyd fluid? #8  
I use Hy-Tran. Seems to be the best fluid on the market all of the way around from tests that I've seen. Well, except for the price.

I agree with others. If it's something that comes out once every few months for a ride around the yard and you change the oil yearly.....then something cheaper may do the trick.
Oil and filters are things that I never cheap out on though. I do my research and find the best "value" I can. Seems like it usually ends up being one of the more expensive options usually. lol

/ Which Hyd fluid? #9  
if this is for a 52 s-C

anything you can buy at a jiffy stroe, oil wise.. will be better than what it had.

IF it has an oil filter for the hyds.. I'd be surprised.. :)