1945 Farmall A

/ 1945 Farmall A #1  

Jerry Stevens

Tractor
1945 Farmall A & 1965 Ford 5000
I'm new here and love it. I've always loved farmalls especially "A"'s. My grandad had one and I learned to drive on it. As such I've been looking for one and finally bought the 45. I now know that my Grandad's was a Super A with hydraulics. Learned my lesson but I still love the 45. I got it cheap so it's got some things I need to change such as replace the seat, find and replce missing PTO parts, and figure what damage the 12 volt battery did that someone put on it without converting the VR or generator etc. So I'm looking for a donor tractor. I plan to restore this as best I can and sell it to finance the purchase of a Super A. Great forum! Jerry

/ 1945 Farmall A #2  
Welcome to the forum. Steiner tractor parts will have some of the parts you need.

/ 1945 Farmall A #4  
Good Evenin Jerry,
They are great old tractors, I own two of them, a 42 A and a 49 Super A.

As Mike stated Steiner is a great source, and he Yesterdays Tractor forum is also a good spot to look for parts on their classified section.

Good luck with your new machine !

/ 1945 Farmall A #5  
I have used both Stiener Tractor Parts and also Devons Tractor Parts.Both companies are very helpful.I have also bought parts from OEM Tractor Parts but have found that their service seems to have slipped.

/ 1945 Farmall A
Thanks all. Love this forum. I'be bought from Steiner and OEM Tractor so far. I've already gotten a lot of replacement parts and the ole girl is starting to feel pretty good! I plan to get her running and looking right then possibly break her down this winter and re-paint. Depends on whether or not I run across a decent SA before then! Thanks again!