Christmas Tree Tractor

/ Christmas Tree Tractor #2  
Man...that's on cobbled up lookin' sucka'.......BobG in VA

/ Christmas Tree Tractor #3  
Saw this one at Red Power Round Up 2010 in Laporte, IN.It was called a Farmall a+c

Attachments

• Farmall A+C (2) (Small).JPG
    Farmall A+C (2) (Small).JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 6,128
  • Farmall A+C (Small).JPG
    Farmall A+C (Small).JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 4,988
  • Farmall A+C (4) (Small).JPG
    Farmall A+C (4) (Small).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,314
   / Christmas Tree Tractor #4  
I don't get it (the tractor). I harvested hundreds, if not thousands, of commercial Christmas trees in my younger days --- by "hand" with a chain saw. And trimmed at least that many with a machete. That contraption is called a "mower", but it looks like a seat with a footrest in the side piece. Anyone know how they actually did anything with it? Is there something missing?

/ Christmas Tree Tractor #5  
I don't get it (the tractor). I harvested hundreds, if not thousands, of commercial Christmas trees in my younger days --- by "hand" with a chain saw. And trimmed at least that many with a machete. That contraption is called a "mower", but it looks like a seat with a footrest in the side piece. Anyone know how they actually did anything with it? Is there something missing?

I think the seat was added ,it must have had some sort of cutting device but I have never seen that part

/ Christmas Tree Tractor #6  
From what I have read, they were made to prune christmas trees, and from what it appears, the C would stratal the tree, an the belly mower would cut the underside at the base of the tree so it would be at a good height to harvest, and for pick your own. I guess in the summer it would probably keep the grass under the trees down as well, but just my best guess?