1945 Farmall A Hydraulics?

/ 1945 Farmall A Hydraulics? #1  

Jerry Stevens

Tractor
1945 Farmall A & 1965 Ford 5000
Is there anyway to install hydraulics on subject tractor other than the old exhaust lift?

/ 1945 Farmall A Hydraulics? #2  
Mount a power steering pump on it, run it off the fan belt.

/ 1945 Farmall A Hydraulics? #3  
My 2 cents: Farmall 55a has a good point, but in my experience your limited in flow and pressure ( umph or aka balls) if you need it. If your looking to add a loader to your A, I'm afraid you won't have enough "umph". If you look on some of the discount web sites like Northern Hydraulics, you can purchase a self contained hydraulic system for under $500.00 new. If you are thrifty, like me, I used an old snow plow hydraulic unit I had kicking around (electric over hydraulic) A bit more umph than the power steering unit I used on another tractor. Issue there would be if you still have the 6 volt positive ground electrical system on your Farmall A. In that case, mechanical (belt or PTO drive) would be better.
Hope that helps...
Rick

/ 1945 Farmall A Hydraulics? #4  
Is there anyway to install hydraulics on subject tractor other than the old exhaust lift?

Good Afternoon Jerry,
The power steering pump is probablly your best bet. They also make hyd pumps that fit on your PTO but of course every time you disengage your clutch your pump stops spining...

I have both A and Super A, there are plenty of Super A tractors out there looking for a home and a face lift ! :")

/ 1945 Farmall A Hydraulics? #5  
transplant from another small letter series with hyds. :)

/ 1945 Farmall A Hydraulics? #6  
Check the parts yards for a used factory SA complete hyd. system!---they wont be cheep, but it depends on how bad you want/need one!---one of my cubs has a HAND lift, so there is another option, there again depending on intended use of tractor! thanks; sonny580

/ 1945 Farmall A Hydraulics?
Thanks Sonny580, I'll do that!

Check the parts yards for a used factory SA complete hyd. system!---they wont be cheep, but it depends on how bad you want/need one!---one of my cubs has a HAND lift, so there is another option, there again depending on intended use of tractor! thanks; sonny580

/ 1945 Farmall A Hydraulics? #8  
keep us posted!