Super C Cultivator Price

/ Super C Cultivator Price #1  

TNSuperC

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmall Super C, Ford 3600
What is a reasonable price for a Super C cultivator set to fit a touch control lift?

There's a guy near ATL that lists on ebay. He usually lists the front and back sections separately. His price is ~$400 for the front and ~$300 for the back. This seems way high to me but I realize there are many variables.

Also, what are the advantages of the spring trip standards versus the spring teeth?

/ Super C Cultivator Price #2  
That may not be that far out of line. That being said..., many are still used cultivating tobacco, and truck patches. And with the up and coming organic type produce producer's, and CSA's, they'll only bring more, as they become more scarce.

A lot of them were scrapped when steel prices were high, and chemicals did away with cultivating some crops. I'm guilty of scrapping the set from my BN, as I had no use for them, no one seemd to need them, and got tired of moving them, on occasion.

All I ever saw around here were the spring trips, with sweeps, or bull tongue's for shovels. I guess the spring trips would work well in sandy, or high organic content earth, where you'd get a chatter type action. We have a sandy loam clay dirt here, so the spring trips were used.