Farmall M

/ Farmall M #1  

Birchhatchery

Silver Member
Tractor
in search of new iron
I am thinking of buying a farmall m tractor they guy is asking 1400 for it no 3 point just a draw bar tires are good shape no leaks on the tractor its a 12 volt system it only needs a battery. he doesnlt no the year of the tractor he thinks its late 40s, they used the tractor to bail hay and spread manure so it must have sum nuts he also said its been proly 2 years since oil been changed but in the 2 years its sat with just being fired up and ran now and then. I have the serial numbers wrote down to match with it when I go and look at it. is their anything that I should make sure I look for on these tractors? and also do all the M;s take the same oil filter and what type of rear end fluid do I need? and how much engine oil and how much rear end fluid? it has no hydralics

/ Farmall M #2  
Just curious which front end it has. I have seen 1 and 2 wheel tricycle setups as well as the wide front end (not sure if that is adjustable, not or comes both ways.

Thinking if it has a PTO is is not live.

/ Farmall M #3  
1400? runs? no major issues?

i'd jump on it!

/ Farmall M #5  
yep.. i'd be on that like white on rice.

heck.. I'd pay that all day for an H.

/ Farmall M
it is a narrow front end Row crop model looks nice in pics. he used it to bail hay and run manure spreader and grain auger told me it was 40hp or bigger im guessing if they bailed hay with it as much as he said then has a live pto. im going Saturday to drive it I thought 1400 asking price is good deal all needs is new battery. he also said he has some other farmall tractors. im looking for a good antique pullin tractor

/ Farmall M #7  
if you don't get it.. I may have to go get it. ;)

/ Farmall M #8  
if you don't get it.. I may have to go get it. ;)

/ Farmall M #9  
I hope it works out for you. I might get crap for this but if this is going to be used given the choice I would much rather sit on a W9. :)

/ Farmall M
I am goin to get it tomaro