Super C Fast hitch

/ Super C Fast hitch #1  

tessiers

Platinum Member
Tractor
05' JD 790 - 53' Ford NAA - 70' Massey Fergusen 135 diesel - 67' John Deere 3020 deisel - 77' John Deere 2130 - 1950 John Deere MC
Just picked up a 1953 super C. Hast the fast hitch, how much will it lift, I have a 5' bushhog and a 6' rock rake I would like to use behind it, not sure if it will lift them.

/ Super C Fast hitch #2  
Enough to lift the front end off the ground before you really max it out. Especially with stuff farther out from the rear. You may need weight on the front and/or wheel weights.

This is per the manual it is dependent on wheel spacing

750lb rear tread up to 82"
1000lb " " up to 76" (with 2 sets of front wheel weights)
700lb " " up to 80"
400lb " " up to 88"

/ Super C Fast hitch #3  
Well, I don't have an exact figure, but I have a total of 230lbs. extra in the front, and if you don't go gently on the clutch, it will lift off the ground! And even at that, you don't hear anything working very hard.

/ Super C Fast hitch #4  
does your brush hog have a 3 pt hitch capability? I just bought one and am wondering how to use it and lift it. mine is a 2 pt fast hitch and the brush hog is 3 pt.

/ Super C Fast hitch #5  
does your brush hog have a 3 pt hitch capability? I just bought one and am wondering how to use it and lift it. mine is a 2 pt fast hitch and the brush hog is 3 pt.
Feleds, I just responed to your original post...since you have a fast hitch, in order to use 3pt you will need to get the Fast Hitch (FH) arms with the 3pt balls at the end, the "kit" will come with a rear pulley
cover that the toplink will attach to...just do a search of Farmall Fast hitch to 3pt and you should be able to find it...works pretty well...the balls in the arms have both the Cat. 1 and Cat 2 holes in them. BobG in VA

/ Super C Fast hitch #6  
Thanks for the info. Will search it out.

/ Super C Fast hitch #7  
You might want to look into an "Over running Clutch" for the PTO. Without it the brush hog will drive the tractor when you try to stop. That can make life exciting in close quarters.