Just got an IH300 Utility with a Henry Hoe

/ Just got an IH300 Utility with a Henry Hoe #1  

cockeyedMFer

Gold Member
Tractor
1959 MF 35 deluxe, gas
Ended up bringing this old beast home from a machinery auction. Its an International 300 with loader and Henry Excavator. Despite having sat for 10 years, with about 4 hours worth of cleaning and tinkering, it drove to the trailer and all the hydraulics are working. One of the backhoe cylinders is slightly bent, but otherwise it seems to work great.

The Henry Hoe is an interesting design. Rather than 3pt mount, it uses a hydraulic top link that raises and lowers the entire backhoe. The stabilizer feet manually fold down, and it uses a cable and pulley system, actuated by another hydraulic cylinder, to turn the boom left of right. It seems like a large attachment for this size tractor.

Will post more pictures when its off the trailer. Waiting on a new rear tire tube before I move it any more
1.JPG

/ Just got an IH300 Utility with a Henry Hoe #2  
That is a nice old hoe...
I'm fixing up a 3616 International and it has been an adventure thus far...
Actually, very little expense thus far and a lot of fun...
Get us some pics up in action...

/ Just got an IH300 Utility with a Henry Hoe #3  
nice looking machine! thanks for posting

/ Just got an IH300 Utility with a Henry Hoe
Thanks guys! It was too dark tonight for pics, but I unloaded it from the trailer and wouldn't you know, it started right up and ran like a top. These old engines seem to improve bit by bit once they get fresh fuel and a few heat cycles through them.

Still waiting on the innertube to arrive - its being sent by pony express apparently :)

Is the IH 300 considered a larger class machine than an MF35? It certainly feels taller and heavier but some of that's because of the backhoe and heavier loader frame. Also has 10hp more than my MF35.

I can't believe I lucked into this old girl. She's not a Construction King or a Ford 4000 TLB, but I think she'll get the job done

/ Just got an IH300 Utility with a Henry Hoe #5  
looks very capable!