Brought my baby home today...

/ Brought my baby home today... #1  

DJ54

Elite Member
Tractor
IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans
Here's a couple pics of my '46 McCormick-Deering OS-6. The first pic was taken in 1978, the year I restored the old girl. It was taken across the road from the Athen's Co. Ohio Fairgrounds where we were showing, with the Hocking River, and White's Mill in the background. It was shown for 10 years, then put in mothballs so to speak when I changed jobs, and not so much idle time to do so. It was moved to the other farm in '94 where it sat collecting dust until today.

Took me about 2 hours to clean up the carb, blast the plugs, rig a temporary fuel tank, and get her fired up. Had to run the ignition file across the points, as they were a little burnt. Hit the starter button with a little help from a bum start, and she came to life. Can't tell you how good it felt to hear it run again..!! :D

Anyone up for a slow race..?? Not bragging, but I've won more than several..!! :)

OS-6  003.jpgOS-6 001.jpg

/ Brought my baby home today...
I forgot to mention, the McCormick-Deering, and OS-6 on the hood were hand painted by a local sign painter, as no decals were available at the time. Or, at least that I could find. Eons before the internet, or vinyl decal machines... so that was my only option. If I recall right, both sides of the hood, and the little magnetic one's for the front giving the description came top a total of $125.00. Wonder what that would cost today...?? LOL...

/ Brought my baby home today... #4  
Sweet tractor!

/ Brought my baby home today... #5  
To own history, Wow

/ Brought my baby home today... #6  
Good stuff, Mate. You'll have to update your TBN profile & add it to your Massey 180.

Good stuff, Mate. You'll have to update your TBN profile & add it to your Massey 180.

Thanks for the compliments all...

And yeah, add the OS, and about 12 others, LOL...

/ Brought my baby home today... #8  
Fantastic old girl! That is pretty!

And one of the few IH's with a hand clutch..!!

/ Brought my baby home today... #10  
Very nice! Had to really feel great to get enough time to tend to it again, and even better to hear her fire again!

Lettering looks great, would hate to have it hand painted today.

For some reason, I hadn't noticed how far back and low the seat was ..

Congrats!!