Price for 54 Farmall super A

/ Price for 54 Farmall super A #1  

upgw

Gold Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota BX2200, 2011 Hustler Super Z 31 Kawi
What's a fair price for a 1954 Farmall "Super A". Very good to Excellent condition, except no hydraulics. No implements.

Thanks,
- Patrick

/ Price for 54 Farmall super A #2  
I am suprised that a 1954 Super A doesn't have hydraulics. I was reared in tobacco country where there were several A's cub's etc. I remember the old Cultivision A's not having hydraulics.
The value depends on condition and without hydraulics the tractor isn't worth much. 700-800 if in good shape.

/ Price for 54 Farmall super A #3  
Are you sure it's a "Super A", sounds like an "A" only. We still have my Dad's 1954 Super A and it has hydaulics. I believe the "A" had manual lifts.

/ Price for 54 Farmall super A #4  
As far as I know all super A's had hydraulics. A's had either manual lift or the exhaust driven lift mechanisms. Some A's were retrofitted with hydraulics. You might be looking at a tractor made up from parts of different tractors or something like that.

As to the price. They seem to range from 1,500 runs but ugly to 5,000 looks great and everything works.

/ Price for 54 Farmall super A
Thanks for the feedback. Let me clarify, it HAD hydraulics, but the hydraulic unit was removed and now a spacer fills the space. I think there was a problem with it they were trying to fix. I'm primarly interested in using this machine to drag a chain harrow around pasture once a week.

- Patrick

/ Price for 54 Farmall super A #6  
Without the hydraulics, tell the seller you will not be interested as it will cost upwards of $1000 to put the unit back to stock. If you can get the unit "as is" for about $800 (assuming the rubber, the engine, the PTO etc are in better than "good shape"), go ahead. Also make sure that the generator is charging. ALL 6 volt Farmalls are famous for problems with charging. BobG in VA who has a 57 Farmall 230 and had 2 Super Cs when growing up on the farm.