Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, 1957 Farmall 130

Default Price for 54 Farmall super A

What's a fair price for a 1954 Farmall "Super A". Very good to Excellent condition, except no hydraulics. No implements.

Thanks,
    - Patrick

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 416S John Deere LX280, John Deere Z225 zero turn yanmar 1401 , Oliver 550 Special, Oliver 75 Lawn Tractor, New Holland 3930 4WD, Mitsubishi BDF2 Dozer

Default Re: Price for 54 Farmall super A

I am suprised that a 1954 Super A doesn't have hydraulics. I was reared in tobacco country where there were several A's cub's etc. I remember the old Cultivision A's not having hydraulics.
    The value depends on condition and without hydraulics the tractor isn't worth much. 700-800 if in good shape.

Tractor
    NH TC29D

Are you sure it's a "Super A", sounds like an "A" only. We still have my Dad's 1954 Super A and it has hydaulics. I believe the "A" had manual lifts.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

As far as I know all super A's had hydraulics. A's had either manual lift or the exhaust driven lift mechanisms. Some A's were retrofitted with hydraulics. You might be looking at a tractor made up from parts of different tractors or something like that.

As to the price. They seem to range from 1,500 runs but ugly to 5,000 looks great and everything works.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, 1957 Farmall 130

Thanks for the feedback. Let me clarify, it HAD hydraulics, but the hydraulic unit was removed and now a spacer fills the space. I think there was a problem with it they were trying to fix. I'm primarly interested in using this machine to drag a chain harrow around pasture once a week.

- Patrick

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux

Without the hydraulics, tell the seller you will not be interested as it will cost upwards of $1000 to put the unit back to stock. If you can get the unit "as is" for about $800 (assuming the rubber, the engine, the PTO etc are in better than "good shape"), go ahead. Also make sure that the generator is charging. ALL 6 volt Farmalls are famous for problems with charging. BobG in VA who has a 57 Farmall 230 and had 2 Super Cs when growing up on the farm.