IH 300 Utility....My new project

/ IH 300 Utility....My new project
looking good and iron like that is hard to find these days

Thanks.

Still need to source two more parts and I'm set (I think).

Still need the shifter top cover, as mine is broken, but may end up just welding it. And also need to find the small 4-bolt cover that goes over the TA clutch. May try a few more junkyards and see if they will sell for a decent price. But nothing on ebay or online that I have found.

/ IH 300 Utility....My new project #32  
try postig on ytmag / IH forum. lots of red iron mongers there.

Well I welded the shifter cover. It turned out good so I don't need one of those anymore. And will probably just make the ta cover.

Got all of the accessories off the engine today as well as the pan and rear main seal. Also sand blasted lots of other parts. Tomorrow is gonna be a lot of cleaning but hope to shoot some more primer tomorrow when I get the engine prepped and the rear main/pan back together.

Well I welded the shifter cover. It turned out good so I don't need one of those anymore. And will probably just make the ta cover.

Got all of the accessories off the engine today as well as the pan and rear main seal. Also sand blasted lots of other parts. Tomorrow is gonna be a lot of cleaning but hope to shoot some more primer tomorrow when I get the engine prepped and the rear main/pan back together.

/ IH 300 Utility....My new project #35  
good deal. i made a delete cover on a c for the belt pulley before. not super elegant. but works!

Yea, gonna be a tad tricky. It would be nice if it was just a flat plate with some holes. But it has a raised part to clear the TA clutch:mur: We'll see what I can come up with.

/ IH 300 Utility....My new project #37  
flat plate with relief cut, then weld a section of pipe to that. with a cap or cap welded on maybee

Yea, that may be a good Idea.

Also considering a piece of channel Iron doing the same thing. I guess it will just be whatever I have that fits the best.

Here is how the shifter turned out:

IMG_20131018_202001_245.jpgIMG_20131018_204639_502.jpgIMG_20131018_204654_305.jpg

/ IH 300 Utility....My new project #39  
try postig on ytmag / IH forum. lots of red iron mongers there.

Good Afternoon LD1,
Nice project, enjoyed the read, and that will be one heck of a good tractor when done. Like someone said earlier, great little bush hoggin machine...

I have had pretty good luck on the ytmag/IH forum lookin for odds and ends myself...

Waitin on more pics... ;):)