Installing belt pulley gear box on Farmall

/ Installing belt pulley gear box on Farmall #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
I got a belt pulley gearbox for my Farmall-A. No reason in particular, mostly just to have one.

There should be a gear coming off the tranny/pto which meshes with the gear in the pulley gear box. What I can not see from the manual is if this gear is in place behind the blank cover, or if I will need this gear or output-shaft in addition to the pulley gear box.

I have not pulled the blank cover off the back of the tractor yet, what with schedule, and all.

Anyone know if this thing simply bolts up there, or is there more to it?

/ Installing belt pulley gear box on Farmall #2  
I had always assumed the belt pulley installed ove rthe pto output shaft.

The diagrams in my cub manual show it that way.

Right not I have a pulley directly on the pto shaft for my belly mower., but you are talking about the flat belt style pulley right?.. like for a buzzsaw, etc.

So your tranny doesn't hav ethe pto output shaft then?

Soundguy

/ Installing belt pulley gear box on Farmall #3  
The larger Farmalls had a belt on top of the transmission on the right side.
I think it is a bolt on job but not sure.
I can't see them making u disassemble the trans to put in a gear.
I'd pull the cover of and see what u have.
My super M and H have them.

/ Installing belt pulley gear box on Farmall
This is for a flat belt pulley. I will probably never use one, but it kind of helps complete the tractor "package" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The tractor has a functioning PTO. Above the PTO shaft is where the pulley gear box mounts. The pulley gear box does not block access to the PTO output shaft.

I just have not pulled the cover off yet. Work, Cub Scouts, ect busy busy like everyone /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Maybe tomorrow...

/ Installing belt pulley gear box on Farmall
I just have not pulled the cover off yet. Work, Cub Scouts, ect busy busy like everyone /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

This mounts off the back, mating with PTO gears. I have seen pictures of the pulleys on the bigger Farmalls.

I'll take a picture when I pull that plate off and post...