3-point for Farmall H

/ 3-point for Farmall H #1  

mikeinwi

Tractor
Ford 640 Ford 1320
We have a Farmall H on our property. We also have a Ford 640. As a result, I have several pieces of 3 point category I equipment. It would be nice to mount some of this equipment on the "H". The H has a belly pump that works a manure scoop now. Has any one purchased or used one of the aftermarket 3 point conversions? Are you happy with them. Any problems fitting something like a back blade, or dirt scoop or bush hog?

Mike

/ 3-point for Farmall H #2  
I bought one close to 20 years ago for my M. Can't remember who made it now, but I did get the one with two lift cylinders. A buddy of mine who sold them suggested the twin cylnder, because some had torqued the cross arm, pulling who know's what on theirs, with the single lift cylinder.

Plus, it gave me twice the lifting power. IIRC, max psi is like 850 psi.

I pulled my Overland 1-1/2 yd scraper with it, and never seemed to hurt it. Although maybe twice as slow raising, it had no problem raising it with a full bowl.

/ 3-point for Farmall H #3  
i bought one off Craigslist worked great with one cylinder.they are hard to find just be ready to buy when one comes up.

/ 3-point for Farmall H #4  
saginow tractor works makes a heavy lift for them red, orange and green tractors that lack 3pt....

/ 3-point for Farmall H #5  
   / 3-point for Farmall H #6  
good to know, I was looking at some old Farmalls and had decided they would have limited use, but if I can get a 3pt for them, perhaps worth another look...

/ 3-point for Farmall H
Thank you everyone. I was thinking that this would make the tractor more useful, otherwise it just sits there and gets used only a few times all year. Since the tractor is in good shape, this is sure cheaper than purchasing a new tractor only to get the 3-point.

/ 3-point for Farmall H #8  
yep.. take a 2000$ farmall H or M and add a 3pt to it and you got alotta machine!

/ 3-point for Farmall H #9  
I bought a Saginaw 3 pt for my H several years ago. Really made it a brand new machine. The design is excellent, IMHO better than most OEM designs.