Rear Remote on Farmall Super C

/ Rear Remote on Farmall Super C #1  

TommyJD790

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 790, Farmall Super C
My Super C has a 3 point hitch, so there aren't any hydraulics running to the back of the tractor.

How do I tap into the tractor hydraulics and run lines to the back.

Tommy-

/ Rear Remote on Farmall Super C #2  
The easiest way would be to find an auxilliary valve of a Super C with Fast Hitch. Here is a picture of one from the Case/IH partstore online. Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts They are a bolt on unit where the hydraulic lines attach to the touch-control, coming from the hyd. pump. Then all you need to do is run your lines back, and add QC's. The Fast Hitch uses a single DA cylinder to raise & lower the Fast Hitch.

You'll find them occasionally on epay, but pricey..!! But it would probably be most economical in the long run. Might be better finding one through a salvage yard, and get the control handle & linkage rod too.

Here's a list of salvaged Super C's on TractorHouse: http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/di...&Manu=INTERNATIONAL&Mdltxt=SUPER+C&mdlx=exact Scroll down until you see the one in Ontario, Calif. Looks like a good donor tractor. And, it's the only one I see with FH. Hopefully the components you need are still there.

What I've seen sell on ebay go for about $250.00+ depending on condition. Depends on what you had in mind spending, but this would all bolt on in place, and look like factory installed

Hope you're not planning on running more then a remote cylinder. As I'm sure you are aware, the hyd. oil capacity isn't all that much.

/ Rear Remote on Farmall Super C
Thanks DJ54.

I saw a 2 point fast hitch with these parts for sale on craigslist in my area, but the seller wants $400.
That's more than I want to spend, and I wouldn't want all the parts.

Tommy-

/ Rear Remote on Farmall Super C #4  
As you wish... I looked on epay, and a guy is asking $499.00 just for the valve, control handle & linkage. WAY outta' my ball park too. But, you could sell the rest of what you don't need. Drawbars alone are over $100.00 most places. Glad I have a couple of spares..!!

/ Rear Remote on Farmall Super C
Oh.

Maybe $400 is reasonable.

Tommy-

/ Rear Remote on Farmall Super C #6  
Id like to see what your 3 pt hitch looks like. I have a 1953 Super C How old is yours? Mine is a 2 pt fast hitch

/ Rear Remote on Farmall Super C #7  
Sorry for the delay I just found the 3 point hitch attachment I will get that picture and add it to this thread this weekend. All my attachments are spread in the barns and I have located them getting ready to load them to take them to my sons farm. Thinking of making it 12 volt with an alternater. Having difficulty getting it started.

/ Rear Remote on Farmall Super C #8  
If the starter seems lazy, even with a new battery, I have a couple of suggestions. If the battery cables are automotive type, meaning 4 ga. similar to on cars/pickups, that's more than likely the problem. 6V systems carry a lot more Amps. so you need at least 1/0 gauge cables. Some NAPA's, HD truck parts suppliers, some tractor dealerships, can custom make you a set. A little pricey, but less than the conversion. You'll not believe the difference as to how easily it will turn that engine over.

If it has the original large cables, then check the ground connection at the chassis.