converting M Farmall

/ converting M Farmall #1  

itaintme82

Tractor
M Farmall
i have put a 12v generator on my m farmall and am wanting to convert it to 12v neg. ground but am having trouble finding the diagrams and or instructions in doing so. any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ converting M Farmall #2  
If you do a search on Google for Bob Melville (aka) farmallbob he has a lot of wiring diagrams for farmall
tractors.

Stew

/ converting M Farmall #3  
i have put a 12v generator on my m farmall and am wanting to convert it to 12v neg. ground but am having trouble finding the diagrams and or instructions in doing so. any help would be greatly appreciated.

if yuo use points based ignition ( not ei ), and have a generator with a mechanical regulator, then all you have to do is swap battery polarity, polarize generator , swap wires on ignition coil side to side, swap wires side to side on ammeter and go.

/ converting M Farmall
i searched him on google and found diagrams to convert it to 12v negative ground with an alt. on it but i need the diagrams for a gen. but thank you for the reply i appreciate it

/ converting M Farmall
lol yeah it would be that simple but the wires from the switches and everywhere else were cut off half way back to the gen. so i need to know where the wires coming from the switches go on the gen and etc. but thanks for the reply i do appreciate it

/ converting M Farmall #6  
gens and regs are easy.

just match up the words!

armature on generator to the arm/gen tab on the regulator.

field tab on the generator to field tab on the regulator.

ground on generator to ground on regulator.

bat on reg goes thru ammeter to battery hot..

for battery ignition models, you can grab a wire from the same side of the ammeter that the gen/bat contact hits and run that to the key and then to the ignition coil.

same for any lamps.

thus your ammeter has all loads and charge device on one side.. and JUST the battery on the other.

that's a super simple basic 12v setup using a center 0 ammeter that reads net charge discharge.

/ converting M Farmall
that might just do it thanks, i appreciate it

/ converting M Farmall #8  
post back if you hit a snag... these old tractors with battery ignition, lamps and a or b circuit generators are fairly easy to wire up. few feet of wire, and a handfull of terminal ends and a roll of black tape and you are there... unlike modern tractors and cars.. where it is a nightmare!