Farmall Cub won't shift

/ Farmall Cub won't shift #1  

Easy48827

Tractor
John Deere L111, craftsman gt3000, Ford NAA Golden Jubilee
I have a friend with a Farmall Cub he wants me to service and paint for him in my spare time. It has never really had any problems and has run it every year and it always seems to work. He tried to move it onto a trailer last week and now it seems to shift but only stays in reverse. He says the feel of the shifter is fine but will not go out of reverse. Any ideas? I have never gotten into the deep mechanics of a tractor beyond replacing a head gasket on a grey Ford one time. Any help would be appreciated!

/ Farmall Cub won't shift #2  
It would probably be best to remove the shifter assy., and have a look see. Could be the set screw holding the reverse shifting fork may have backed out, leaving the reverse gear engaged, yet feeling normal because the shift rods/rails still moving, and the detent balls catching them where they should, when shifting to other gears.

With that being said, if the shifter is placed in say first gear, and it is still engaged in reverse, it should pull the engine down, not moving, being locked in two gears at once, especially forward & reverse.

/ Farmall Cub won't shift
Still no word from the owner of the tractor but I will let you all know what the problem was once it is fixed. FYI

/ Farmall Cub won't shift #4  
Shift lever came out of the rail. Pretty common on these farmalls. You will have to remove the shifter and line up the rails and get It back in. I will look for and tutorial.