Is it a Super C or 200?

/ Is it a Super C or 200? #1  

ReeseBobby

Tractor
FARMALL SUPER C
I recently purchased what I thought was a Super C. However, there isn't, nor has there ever been, a serial number plate on the seat box. There is a serial number on the left side clutch housing which matches a 1955 200 and it has a Super C grille. Are there any other ways to distinguish between the two modems? Thanks.

/ Is it a Super C or 200? #2  
Date codes on the major castings could help. Myself, I'd believe the serial plate on the torque tube and the lack of same on the seat support. Certainly wouldn't be hard to find a replacement grille from a SC to fit a 200 that needed one sometime in the last 60 years. I'm pretty certain the Touch Control unit on a 200 had some differences from that of a Super C.

/ Is it a Super C or 200? #3  
I have an early serial # 200 if you need to do some comparisons.

/ Is it a Super C or 200?
Thank you gentlemen. RickB, that's what I was thinking. Where would I find these date codes?

/ Is it a Super C or 200? #5  
If its a c the hood will be smooth on the sides. If its a 200 it should have two holes where the 200 emblem would have went. It all depends if it is the original hood tho!

There are no holes in the hood but, I would guess that if it's not the original grille, there's a good chance that it's not the original hood either.

/ Is it a Super C or 200? #7  
Look on the right, top front of the block above & forward of the #1 plug. Look for a flat boss. The number matching the serial number on the plate should be stamped there.

Look on the right, top front of the block above & forward of the #1 plug. Look for a flat boss. The number matching the serial number on the plate should be stamped there.

The only number that I see in that area is just below the plug I the block. It is 7137.

Date codes on the major castings could help. Myself, I'd believe the serial plate on the torque tube and the lack of same on the seat support. Certainly wouldn't be hard to find a replacement grille from a SC to fit a 200 that needed one sometime in the last 60 years. I'm pretty certain the Touch Control unit on a 200 had some differences from that of a Super C.

Most of the date codes on major components indicates around March 1955. With a serial number of 3214, that pretty much makes it a closed case in my opinion. I have a 200 with Super C sheet metal and decals. Thanks!