Farmall 200 distributor question

/ Farmall 200 distributor question #1  

8ntractorjdx

Tractor
Kubota B2301
I am struggling with the tractor some. I bought it a week ago.The tractor lacks power hesitates and almost dies under load and there is a hesitation when in gear and quiet pop-pop at idle. I suspect the distributor bushing is worn out. the grease fitting caps for the distributor had not been taken off in a long long time. and there is quiet a bit of side to side play in the shaft that holds the rotor. it obviously moves at least .010". Is buying a distributor bushing kit a good place to start? How hard is it rebuild the distributor? What can I screw up? or is a used distributor a better way to go?

thanks

/ Farmall 200 distributor question #2  
Case/IH shows no bushing to replace. Here is the exploded view of the distributor, via Case/IH online parts store. Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

Here is the superseded part number for the distributor, 107304C91.

You can copy and paste the part number to Google, and do some online shopping. Or, here is one on ebay, complete with points, condenser & cap for $150.00. IH Farmall Distributor A AV B BN C Cub H M SM 100 200 300 350 400 450 353890R91 | eBay

/ Farmall 200 distributor question
Case/IH shows no bushing to replace. Here is the exploded view of the distributor, via Case/IH online parts store. Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

Here is the superseded part number for the distributor, 107304C91.

You can copy and paste the part number to Google, and do some online shopping. Or, here is one on ebay, complete with points, condenser & cap for $150.00. IH Farmall Distributor A AV B BN C Cub H M SM 100 200 300 350 400 450 353890R91 | eBay

Thank you for all of the information DJ54

I assume that after reading a few posts that the side to side play on the distributor shaft is bad is this correct? I actually have never seen it before but have never really looked for it either. the play is bad enough that pushing on the shaft with my finger I can visably open the points. that is bad right? I read the super c thread you helped out on I am a little confused so maybe the play is normal or a broken part in the distributor.
Once I know it is bad I will start looking for a dist. thanks again DJ54

Last edited:
   / Farmall 200 distributor question #4  
Most definitely bad..!! I'd say the shaft and housing are worn, and doubt either are worn even. So no matter what lobe on the dist cam you use set the points, that doesn't mean the other 3 positions will have the same point setting.

Not sure what a used one would cost, but for the money, that one for $150.00 would be my choice.

/ Farmall 200 distributor question #5  
Most definitely bad..!! I'd say the shaft and housing are worn, and doubt either are worn even. So no matter what lobe on the dist cam you use set the points, that doesn't mean the other 3 positions will have the same point setting.

Not sure what a used one would cost, but for the money, that one for $150.00 would be my choice.

thank you now I know where to start the one for 150 looks like a good deal. It will be 250 by the time I get it up here but still maybe worth it. I have 2 guys checking on parts tractors locally but I think a new one is probably the way to go. with the cap rotor and points already in the 150 seems more than fair. thank you again for your help this is my first farmall tractor. I had an 8n with a front distributor you just pulled out and took in the house to tune up. Ran flawless for 5 years after that. this tractor needs so much work but eventually it will get there. I think the distributor is the first piece of the puzzle. thanks again

/ Farmall 200 distributor question #7  
You're surely welcome. Those are handy sized tractors, easy on gas, and easy to work on. The two Super C's I have, are my little work horses for the lighter duties around here. Maybe not quite as handy as the Ford with 3 pt., but if it has the Fast Hitch system on it, and you have the FH attachments designed to work on it, they are a pleasure to use.

thank you again

The ford was a good tractor but only had a scoop backblade and 2 bottom plow. this one has a loader and a homemade 3pt hitch for the fast hitch. the loader trumps all other attachments for our current living situation. small garden no plowing. I am sure the farmall will be every bit as good eventually. It will not have to work hard plow snow mostly and landscape a small acreage.

Is it safe to use this way until I get a distributor or am I going to do other damage. I know the last guy used it but I do not want to burn the valves or break pushrods.

thank you again

/ Farmall 200 distributor question #9  
I'd say it won't do it any good using it like that. Myself, I wouldn't, it could cause other problems, and expense to repair, but use your own judgement.

Thank you

I got in a hurrey and I think I made a stupid rookie mistake late last night. I havent had a distributor out in many years. marked the number 1 wire on the body of the distributor. moved the rotor to the number 1 position. marked the position on the body of the govenoer. marked the pointer on the pulley. and pulled the distributor. Waking up in the middle of the night I started to remember having to move the number 1 cly to tdc. I did not do this. am I doomed to wrecking the engine? Help