farmall h wont pull a load

/ farmall h wont pull a load #2  
would advise waiting for better folks more in the know. but i would guess a "clutch" is out of adjustment. going to assume some sort of dry clutch, perhaps springs are old / broken / etc.... and everything is spinning, but clutch just slipping and not sending power out the the wheels once things get loaded up.

/ farmall h wont pull a load #3  
Welcome to TBN
A more complete description of the trouble, such as what happens when you attempt to pull a load, would garner more accurate responses.

/ farmall h wont pull a load #5  
If the engine lugs down quickly take a look at the fuel supply and carberator jet adjustment. It might be due for a good cleanup.

/ farmall h wont pull a load #6  
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread on over to where it is likely to get more views. Best of luck with that Farmall. I hope you get it working right soon.

/ farmall h wont pull a load
Welcome to TBN
A more complete description of the trouble, such as what happens when you attempt to pull a load, would garner more accurate responses.

h idles very good full throttle is very good try pull a wagon and it just boogs down and coughs

/ farmall h wont pull a load #8  
A little more descriptive please. How much of a load on a wagon, and what gear are you in..?? Are you pulling a wagon in a field, in 2nd or 3rd gear. A loaded wagon, starting out in 5th..?

If you're trying to start a loaded wagon in 5th gear, it's more then likely not going to happen. If pulling out on the road with a loaded wagon, start out in 4th, at about half throttle, and get it rolling, then shift into 5th.
It will more than likely grind some, but shift it gently as possible into 5th, then throttle it on up. H's were only 26 HP on a good day, new.

h idles very good full throttle is very good try pull a wagon and it just boogs down and coughs
ok I have put in new plugs gap 025 cleaned points 013 cleaned carb and set float level governor is clean and free checked governor rod to throttle rods and all is right engine runs very good slow idle and at fast open throttle but it coughs and kinda back fires when the governor is to kick in[or to open throttle] have set carb in different settings and nothing is working for me.help

ok I have put in new plugs gap 025 cleaned points 013 cleaned carb and set float level governor is clean and free checked governor rod to throttle rods and all is right engine runs very good slow idle and at fast open throttle but it coughs and kinda back fires when the governor is to kick in[or to open throttle] have set carb in different settings and nothing is working for me.help

would advise waiting for better folks more in the know. but i would guess a "clutch" is out of adjustment. going to assume some sort of dry clutch, perhaps springs are old / broken / etc.... and everything is spinning, but clutch just slipping and not sending power out the the wheels once things get loaded up.

no it pulls engine down and coughs and kinda back fires