Hydraulic fluid or 30 Wt oil 53 Super C

/ Hydraulic fluid or 30 Wt oil 53 Super C #1  

feleds

Bronze Member
Tractor
1953 Farmall super c
I was at the county fair today and was talking to a farmall owner ( so he says) I told him I was looking for someone to help me locate the fill port for the hydraulic system on a 53 Super C. He didnt know he had an H and an M. We looked it over and couldnt locate it compared to an H or an M. but he said to me that they used 30 wt oil but wasnt sure if it was detergent or non detergent. Later I went back to the tractors and spoke to another guy He didn't know but while looking I found what I think is the port. ITs a rather large bolt like you would find on a port. up near the shroud that cover the engine. on the left side of the tractor (pos side of the battery. I purchased a manual but it was not very helpful said hydraulic ports not shown. Any one give me some guidance I don't want to put hydraulic fluid in if it is supposed to be 30 wt oil. and in the wrong port.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic fluid or 30 Wt oil 53 Super C #2  
The Hyds are their own unit and sump.

Most tractor hyds arent very picky on oil.

Utf, iso 32-100 hyd oil.. Some ran on ATF.

Ps.. ISO 100 hyd oil is the viscosity of 30w sae.

Find your lift arms, they are built into the Hyds unit.

/ Hydraulic fluid or 30 Wt oil 53 Super C #3  
Look on right front of engine, lower. There's your pump. Follow the two lins back to the Hyds box. It sets above the bellhousing.. Sump and cyl together.

/ Hydraulic fluid or 30 Wt oil 53 Super C
The Hyds are their own unit and sump.

Most tractor hyds arent very picky on oil.

Utf, iso 32-100 hyd oil.. Some ran on ATF.

Ps.. ISO 100 hyd oil is the viscosity of 30w sae.

Find your lift arms, they are built into the Hyds unit.

ITs obvious im a city boy Whats Utf and ISO Thanks for the info. Orileys sold Tracktor Hydraulic fluid I suspected that what the right stuff. I will look to see if it is 32-100 Hyd oil (fluid)

Look on right front of engine, lower. There's your pump. Follow the two lins back to the Hyds box. It sets above the bellhousing.. Sump and cyl together.

Thanks I will look for it.

/ Hydraulic fluid or 30 Wt oil 53 Super C #6  
Utf

Universal tractor fluid

Not the same as ISO /ro hyd oils.

However both will work in a isolated sump, if the viscosity is correct for the application

/ Hydraulic fluid or 30 Wt oil 53 Super C #7  
Fill port is on the left side, under the fuel tank. I'm thinking the plug takes 1-1/8" wrench. If it has Fast Hitch, you will need to drop the hitch tilt bar out of the rock shaft to make it easier to get a funnel in the port.

UTF works fine in them. Been using generic Hy-Tran fluid in mine since '75, and no problems yet.

Fill port is on the left side, under the fuel tank. I'm thinking the plug takes 1-1/8" wrench. If it has Fast Hitch, you will need to drop the hitch tilt bar out of the rock shaft to make it easier to get a funnel in the port.

UTF works fine in them. Been using generic Hy-Tran fluid in mine since '75, and no problems yet.

I found it then I went to a Case international dealer that use to sell Farmalls and a guy there told me to be sure that some bars were in the up position before I put in the fluid. Or it would blow out the fluid. Not sure what bars he was speaking about. Im new at this. I appreciate all the help this forum has provided. Thanks you for confirming where the port was.

I found it then I went to a Case international dealer that use to sell Farmalls and a guy there told me to be sure that some bars were in the up position before I put in the fluid. Or it would blow out the fluid. Not sure what bars he was speaking about. Im new at this. I appreciate all the help this forum has provided. Thanks you for confirming where the port was.

/ Hydraulic fluid or 30 Wt oil 53 Super C #10  
Probably talking about cyl retracted, so that if you fill it full, then extended,bit drops some, but retracted, it does not overflow