How much do wheel weights weigh?

/ How much do wheel weights weigh? #1  

jeffgreef

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmall, Gibson, Windolph, Simar, Bear Cat, Vaughan, Howard
Can anyone tell me how much wheel weights weigh for Cubs and Super As?

I'll try to upload a couple pics. I need to know so I know about how much the tractor weighs for shipping

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,339
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 933
   / How much do wheel weights weigh? #2  
I bought two of the rear wheel weights last year from a tractor junkyard. The owner told me they were 140 lb. each. Being curious I tried to weigh one on an old bathroom scale and it was about 135 to 140. Mine were rusted pretty bad but they had numbers on the weights. Unsure if they stated the weight. Hopes this helps

/ How much do wheel weights weigh? #3  
Rears weigh 145 each, fronts 42.5 lbs each.

/ How much do wheel weights weigh?
Thanks guys! that means I'm still just barely within the legal limit to tow a Cub with my Tacoma, but slightly over the weight limit for a U-Haul 5x9 utility trailer. Wonder if the cops will stop me....

/ How much do wheel weights weigh? #5  
Thanks guys! that means I'm still just barely within the legal limit to tow a Cub with my Tacoma, but slightly over the weight limit for a U-Haul 5x9 utility trailer. Wonder if the cops will stop me....

There is only one way to find out.

And let us know. :)

/ How much do wheel weights weigh? #6  
I've never really been afraid to pull anything I've had on my trailer(s), and trust me, I've been over the legal limit a few times. The biggest problem is getting the load stopped, especially in a panic situation. Knock on wood, never had that situation, other than when being perfectly legal, and had some close calls.

I seriously doubt any LEO will stop you, but heaven forbid if you have an accident. Just be a super defensive driver.