A New ID assist need

/ A New ID assist need #11  
Looks like an H, I'm no expert but I think the M has the starter in the left hand side of bell housing and the H has it more to the center right of bell housing, keep us posted on the progress

/ A New ID assist need #12  
Plus the battery box location says it an H

/ A New ID assist need
Awesome. Thanx again. Can't wait to get it back to business

/ A New ID assist need #14  
The M has an extra slotted hole in the frame that is not on the H

1945-farmall-m-tractor-129-4.jpg

Farmall H.jpg

Pictures from Google Image Search.

/ A New ID assist need #15  
Sounds like the question has been answered, but another means of identifying a unit is to look through all the parts blowups they have on the IH parts site. That is, if they go back as far as your tractor. I think they cut it off at around the late 40s.

/ A New ID assist need #16  
This tractor has been in my family since new. I can't tell whether it is an M or H or what year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting read to start on the refurbishment

An easy way to tell a Farmall H and M apart is to look at the steering shaft. The height above the fuel tank is greater on a Farmall H.
The serial number prefix is FBH and the BH is visible on your serial plate.
That is a 1940 Farmall H built in December going by that serial number. December 1 1940 started with serial number 49216 and January of 1941 started with serial number 52387. This info can be found on the Wisconsion Historical Societies website ,that has a list of tractors built at Farmall Works.