Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, 1957 Farmall 130

Default Re: 1957 Farmall 130, specs anyone?

You guys don't miss a thing. The hydraulic unit was not on when that pic was taken and a 'come-along' was holding the Woods belly mower up. It has since been rebuilt and re-installed with the rear-hitch and all is said to be in good working order. I've mowed with and don't recall that much steering slop. This tractor had a huge number of hours on it mowing along highways for the VA DOT. Finally swallowed a valve and the current owner picked up up derelict in the back of a field from the guy who bought it from the DOT ($300 I think).

Yeah, he told me the rear tires were shot, probably better since they won't tear up my pasture.

The current owner is a bit of a perfectionist, I trust him to have done everything 'right'.

Thanks!
    - Patrick

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

They can be fun! I use mine mostly for pulling a utility trailer around the property, and parades. I bought a sickle mower for it a while back, but it just would not be the right thing around my property; the rotary mower on the kubota is better for that.

The picture shows FUN FUN FUN, our Pack-117 Cub Scout motto. Those kids got first place, 2 of 3 years for our local Christmas parade! This year we had a Kubota B2150, and a Ford 8n pulling floats along with mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, 1957 Farmall 130

That's a nice looking machine. Post some more pics if you can. What's the 'story' behind it?

I plan on using the 130 to drag pastures with a chain harrow, pull a bale cart, and drive in the local parade. Probably won't be using the mower.

- Patrick

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

I got it in good paint, fair shape. It's got a new carb, full tuneup, magneto points, oils, head gasket, muffler, ect from me.

From what I can gather, the guy I got it from got it out from under a fallen in barn. It needed rings, but otherwise was ok mechanically. He did rings and paint. He had about 20 tractors, and was selling a number of them off after he had a heart attack.

I found the guy advertising tractors on Ebay. He was close. I wanted a Cub. I saw his ad's, dropped him a line asking if he had a Cub. He said no, but had this "A". I drove 5 hours, with a trialer, and got it it(didn't want to make a return trip to get it).

Since, I use it to tow a utility trailer around the property, and do Cub Scout floats in parades [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    1957 farmall 130

I have a 1957 130 I'd like to sell....It also has a 2 row cultivator mounted....1 new rear tire.....Nice and Straight....$2000.00 OBO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12