1957 Farmall 130

/ 1957 Farmall 130 #1  

upgw

Gold Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota BX2200, 2011 Hustler Super Z 31 Kawi
Current picture.. she's not here yet, but hopefuly soon...

Attachments

• 414328-Farmall_130_640x480.jpg
    414328-Farmall_130_640x480.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 817
   / 1957 Farmall 130 #2  
Nice little tractor. Except for the grill, it looks just like my brother's 140.

/ 1957 Farmall 130 #3  
That's amazing. I had a 1941 Farmall A and the front wheel castings are exactly the same as is the steering box. Yours is 16 years newer.

/ 1957 Farmall 130 #4  
Too add to your private mail.. My 46 2n was more of a weld / braze candidate.

Every bolt I could get at on that tractor had the nut
welded on..!?!?! And just about everywhere else was brazed

Soundguy

/ 1957 Farmall 130 #5  
Soundguy:

Bet you have a really good relationship with your local welding supply house. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 1957 Farmall 130
I think I was told that this same model ran basically unchanged up into the late 60's...

A few new stickers and a shift knob and she'll be all ready for 'work'!

- Patrick

/ 1957 Farmall 130 #8  
I'm only just now becoming 'satisfied' with my welding skills. Thru hours of practice.. i can finally weld halfway decently on my small buzzbox. I have made a few larger projects.. like a heavy middle ramp for my trailer out of 1/2 inch material at work on out big lincold 225a BB.. ( nice welder ).. couse I got to play with all the nice stuff then too.. like the plasma cutter ( neato! ).. and the wire welder.. 200ish amps... ( neato!) again. I've never wire welded but once.. and was very easy.. lots easier than stick.. though surface prep seemed to make a big difference on the wire welder. I will say one thing about the lincoln though.. when you turn it up.. it will really glue some metal together. On that rusty 1/2 inch flad stock I thought I might have penetration problems.. Uh.. not! I think If I would have had chamfering rods I could have severed easilly..

Soundguy

Unfortunately it was the previous owner that liked the sparks and fumes. Instead of replacing about 6 bucks worth of bulk bolts and nuts.. he would just weld the bolt or nut on.. even if it was half way rusted off.

I used a nut splitter, chissle, angle dringer, etc to remove lotsa nuts and bolts.. had to drill some out...

Of those repairs i wasn't too happy.

However he did make a few good braze repairs on the tin that were so good I didn't notice till I took the paint down.. as well as a welded oil pan.. no biggie.. it doesn't leak, and he did that repair about 20 years ago.. etc.

Soundguy