Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140 #1  

TheDevilYouLove

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901HST
My dad passed away in 2011 and this IH 140 was his pride and joy. He purchased it from a close friend and neighbor who was the original owner. The tractor has never been more than 5 miles from the dealership at which it was purchased in Howard County, Maryland. It is an early 1970's model I believe, with a 12v - ground electrical system. It has been sitting since he died, but I started messing around with it and got it started. It runs great, but it's not charging so now I get to learn about the electrical system :confused2:

He also has a Farmall 400 and a Super H that have been sitting in the barn that I hope to get going. Anyway, should be a fun project. Wish me luck!

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140 #2  
Looks like fun. I have an old super M and use it 5-6 times per day running a chipper/shredder. Runs like a champ.

You never know. You might get the bug and wind up driving one in a parade!

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140 #3  
Very cool! I'd love to own a 140 someday.

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140 #4  
Sweet..!! And Fast Hitch to boot..!! Got any implements with it..?? Like motownbrowne, would love to have one of those someday. Would love to have one with FH, and a single bottom plow, for local plowing days.

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140 #5  
I have a pretty nice 140, with a belly sickle mower on it...

Good luck with your project, it should be fun for you...

SR

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140
Sweet..!! And Fast Hitch to boot..!! Got any implements with it..?? Like motownbrowne, would love to have one of those someday. Would love to have one with FH, and a single bottom plow, for local plowing days.

Yes, I have a several pieces of equipment. I have a few single bottom garden plows, a disk, middle buster, rear cultivators and a rear blade. All are the single point fast hitch. I also have cultivators that attach to the front (the frame for them is on the tractor in the pic.)

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140 #7  
Nice! I've got a '74 140 w/FH. It's a "key start" model..I was lucky when I got it that the voltage reg. just needed a "twitch" or two to put the correct charge back to the battery...by the way, those front wheel weights are worth their weight in gold...BobG in VA

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140 #8  
Welcome to TBN. Join the fun:thumbsup:

Nice looking 140.
I had a 1948 Farmall Cub and 1951 Farmall Super A.
Rebuilt the Cub entirely.
Farmalls are fun to own and operate.:)

Good luck on your restorations.

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140 #9  
I have a 130 and a 140 both has plows for gardening, love them.

/ Restoring my Dad's Farmall 140 #10  
Good to read more keeping yesterday's iron still alive :thumbsup: keep the updates coming.