Little Genius Single Bottom maybe?...and more

/ Little Genius Single Bottom maybe?...and more #1  

cynrich

Tractor
none
I have three pieces of tractor accessory I'd like information about if someone can help.
I've posted pictures and info on my blog because I couldn't figure out how to post them here...

twobluecrows: Farm Equipment Query

/ Little Genius Single Bottom maybe?...and more #2  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Wonderful pictures (yes, the link is good) and, although I can't help you, a number of members will be along shortly to assist.

For future picture posting, use the "Go Advanced" button, where you'll find the 'attachment icon' or the 'insert image icon'.

Enjoy the site.

/ Little Genius Single Bottom maybe?...and more #3  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Rich. We are glad that you joined.

Nice pictures. So, were these passed down to you or did you buy them?

/ Little Genius Single Bottom maybe?...and more
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes they were passed down to me from my dad.

/ Little Genius Single Bottom maybe?...and more #5  
The first item pull plow is in good shape but would only be of value to a collector . Best guess is you could get 500 bucks out of it . the disk is worth little more than scrap price unless someone wanted it as a yard ornament. The last item is hard to tell exactly what it is because I would assume it is a sickle bar mower but I don't see the bar in the pictures (using my phone) . Typically they are just sold as scrap or for parts because a lot of the wear parts were not protected and the rust has made them inoperable and replacement would be expensive if parts are still available.

The first item pull plow is in good shape but would only be of value to a collector . Best guess is you could get 500 bucks out of it . the disk is worth little more than scrap price unless someone wanted it as a yard ornament. The last item is hard to tell exactly what it is because I would assume it is a sickle bar mower but I don't see the bar in the pictures (using my phone) . Typically they are just sold as scrap or for parts because a lot of the wear parts were not protected and the rust has made them inoperable and replacement would be expensive if parts are still available.

Thanks for the reply--Boy, I would be thrilled by $500, I had them posted last year for $200. I just hate to see them rusting away for nothing.
Do you know how to find out how old it is?
The sickle bar mower doesn't have the bar, for sure. It's sad that the scrap price of metal is so low, I'd take those two pieces (sickle and harrow) to the metal yard in the next town over if it was higher than a penny a pound! It's not worth the gas to drive it there. I guess I'll just post it all on craigslist or something for parts, and hope a collector wants the plow somewhere.

Are there places online to list them that would reach specific people who might want them?

Plow
02.jpg

Harrow
20170422_155909.jpg

Sickle Bar Mower minus bar
20170422_160035.jpg
20170422_160446.jpg

/ Little Genius Single Bottom maybe?...and more #8  
might check around for some auctions that you could consign, In reality I would pull it out pressure wash it and set it out by the road with a for sell sign and or take some good pics and put on CL in antique section. once cleaned up and a different background you might peak some interest. I am strictly speaking of the Plow , The rest I would let set or haul for scrap

might check around for some auctions that you could consign, In reality I would pull it out pressure wash it and set it out by the road with a for sell sign and or take some good pics and put on CL in antique section. once cleaned up and a different background you might peak some interest. I am strictly speaking of the Plow , The rest I would let set or haul for scrap

Thanks, I'll do that.