Getting rid of my Super A :-(

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-( #1  
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720, Yanmar 155d
Hey all-

Well, I hate to do it but I have too many projects. I figure I'd post here so that the Farmall folks would have a better chance of giving it a good home. I listed my tractor for sale in the classifieds as well on Craigslist. Tractor is located in the Portland, Oregon area.

Here's a link to the Craigslist add: TWO 195s Farmall Super A Tractors and Implements - farm & garden - by owner - sale

Let me know if you guys think the price is too high. I really don't know what these are going for nowadays.

-Powerlinefixer.

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-( #2  
You would be lucky to get $2,000.00 for it around here...

SR

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-( #3  
You can always cut the price a little at a time until you hit the sweet spot.

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-( #4  
If you've got the cultivators for it, I think the price is reasonable, considering that there's a lot of veggie farms out there, and unlike where SR and I live, there just aren't a glut of old iron around, especially cultivating tractors. I'd consider contacting a few of the bigger vegetable growers to see if they know anyone looking for an offset tractor. Good luck with the sale!

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-( #5  
Hey all-

Well, I hate to do it but I have too many projects. I figure I'd post here so that the Farmall folks would have a better chance of giving it a good home. I listed my tractor for sale in the classifieds as well on Craigslist. Tractor is located in the Portland, Oregon area.

Here's a link to the Craigslist add: TWO 195s Farmall Super A Tractors and Implements - farm & garden - by owner - sale

Let me know if you guys think the price is too high. I really don't know what these are going for nowadays.

-Powerlinefixer.

Wording of your ad;
"The touch-control hydraulics work great. It lets you precisely adjust the depth of your cultivators from the operator's seat with two levers, one for each side."

I think one of the levers is for the front and the other one is for the rear. At least that is the way the one I grew up on was.

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-( #6  
Sad to hear,your price is fair for our area tho.

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-(
Wording of your ad;
"The touch-control hydraulics work great. It lets you precisely adjust the depth of your cultivators from the operator's seat with two levers, one for each side."

I think one of the levers is for the front and the other one is for the rear. At least that is the way the one I grew up on was.

I'm pretty sure it can be set up that way. Mine right now is set up for right and left with nothing in the back.

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-( #8  
Wording of your ad;

That is the way ours worked too. One ran the rock shafts up front for the cultivators, and the other ran the proprietary 2 point hitch on the rear. I understand a very few had a 3 point hitch. Ours didn't. That little guy is me about 60 years ago.

Elayne and James on tractor June 1956.jpg

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-( #9  
I'm just glad you are too far from me so I won't be tempted. ;) the first thing I was ever taught to drive was a Super A. I was 8 years old and had to stand to operate the pedals. Pulled tobacco sleds every year till I was 12 then I had to hit the ground and start cropping. How i missed my gravy driving job.

Good luck with the sale.

/ Getting rid of my Super A :-( #10  
I'm just glad you are too far from me so I won't be tempted. ;) the first thing I was ever taught to drive was a Super A. I was 8 years old and had to stand to operate the pedals. Pulled tobacco sleds every year till I was 12 then I had to hit the ground and start cropping. How i missed my gravy driving job.
Good luck with the sale.

I remember the tobacco sleds in the neighborhood of my dad's old home place. He and his brother used to rechink the logs in the old tobacco barn when he was a kid. Red one row tractors were popular there too. I seldom got close enough to tell whether they were A's, Super A's, or 100's.