1952 Farmall H

/ 1952 Farmall H #1  

rlk

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 35 BX 2200 1952 Farmall H
Just picked up this Farmall H a few days ago. It has been converted to 12V; the engine has been rebuilt; and it seems to be in great shape.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• P2273750b.JPG
    P2273750b.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 2,608
  • P2273749b.JPG
    P2273749b.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 3,050
   / 1952 Farmall H #2  
Mornin Bob,
Looks to me like youve got a beautiful tractor ! Ive got two old Farmalls and I love them, that tractor will be great hooked up to a rotary to maintain your property !

Good Luck with your new , old, machine ! ;) :)

/ 1952 Farmall H #3  
I don't get to see to many with the old original wide front end! The farmall H's in our area normally was only purchased with the narrow front end. Nice looking tractor!

/ 1952 Farmall H #4  
Nice, nice nice!:D :D

I've spent more than an hour or two on a Farmall H. In our area almost all tractors were wide front as there was no row cropping.:D

/ 1952 Farmall H #5  
Indeed a beauty rlk,and yes I am drooling...Congrats.

/ 1952 Farmall H #6  
rlk said:
Just picked up this Farmall H a few days ago. It has been converted to 12V; the engine has been rebuilt; and it seems to be in great shape.

Let me know what you think.

OK, its simple, I'm jealous.....I'm picking up my "new to me" 1974 Farmall 140 w/Fasthitch tomorrow. It'll get acquanted with my '52 Super C and '57 230 rather quickly I hope....Congrats on a real show tractor. PS if you hook up a rotary mower to it, remember to get a PTO overrunning clutch..bobg in va

/ 1952 Farmall H #7  
Really nice tractor there, rlk!!

I prefer the wide front end on the Farmalls vs. the narrow front. Looks more like it's ready to race AND go farming.

Keep it polished!!!

/ 1952 Farmall H
BobG_in_VA said:
OK, its simple, I'm jealous.....I'm picking up my "new to me" 1974 Farmall 140 w/Fasthitch tomorrow. It'll get acquanted with my '52 Super C and '57 230 rather quickly I hope....Congrats on a real show tractor. PS if you hook up a rotary mower to it, remember to get a PTO overrunning clutch..bobg in va

Bob, the overrunning clutch is a great suggestion. I was at a tractor store this afternoon getting a slow moving vehicle sign. Wish I had read your post before I went.

It does have a shield over the PTO shaft which the previous owner added for safety.

Be sure to post pictures of your equipment. I looked at several 140s, 130s and Cubs before deciding on the H. The 140s and 130s were in great shape, but not as nice as the H. Most of the cubs I saw were in terrible shape but were advertised as very good condition. To me, 4 flat tires; and engine that will not start; dented fenders, hood and grill; and rust everywhere does not constitute very good condition. Also, I could not believe how much people were asking for Cubs like I described above.

I would still like to have a nice Cub, but not sure the wife will go along with buying another tractor. Somehow, she does not see the need for a tractor for each implement. :)

Bob

/ 1952 Farmall H #9  
rlk said:
I would still like to have a nice Cub, but not sure the wife will go along with buying another tractor. Somehow, she does not see the need for a tractor for each implement. :)

Bob

Mornin Bob,
Here, try my line ! Honey I think we need to get a nice little Cub so you have a tractor too ! ;) :)

/ 1952 Farmall H #10  
I'll try and upload a picture of the 140. It's an original owner tractor and has been used for gardens (lots of gardens). The PTO has never been hooked up to anything....got a plow, 2 row planter, pull behind disc, cultivators, etc. I'll start cleaning it up as its now gonna be my "new project"...bobg in VA

Attachments

• 140_4.JPG
    140_4.JPG
    495.1 KB · Views: 2,142