Farmall 140

/ Farmall 140 #1  

bigpete

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4110 HST w/410 Loader and 60
I've been looking for a refurb project tractor or a running collectable for some time now. This ad caught my eye this morning. Anybody know anyhing about this model, its value, usefulness, problems etc? I have not seen the tractor or talked to the owner yet. The ad is posted verbatim below (I took the phone number out so you fellows won't steal it out from under me if I've found a "gem" /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif ) I'll post in the "Other Brands" section also. Thanks in advance for your comments and thoughts.

"Farmall 140 w/59" Woods belly mower, great for estates or collector, exc. cond., $3500 OBO."

/ Farmall 140 #2  
BigPete - The 140 was produced between 195? & 1979. There are quite a few out there still being used. Alot are used for tobacco work. It is around 20+ h.p. and would make a nice mowing machine. It is an offset tractor i.e. for row crop work(operator sits to the right of the engine). It could either have a standard drawbar or a one point "fast hitch." They can be retrofitted with a three point. Implements are out there but you'll have to turn over some rocks to find them for the fast hitch. I have a fast hitch on one of my Cubs and have found landscape rakes, rear blades, plows. harrows etc. with a little digging. Prices based on age, condition, location can be anywhere between 3000 to 7-8000.

/ Farmall 140
Thanks, Worksmart. If it looks like a value and something I want to tackle, I'll post a few pictures.

/ Farmall 140 #4  
McCormick-Farmall 140 Gasoline
23.02-21.25 hp @ 1400 rpm, 3 1/8' x 4" 122.7 cu in.
4 cyl International Harvester engine
4 forward gears, 1.9 to 12.8 mph.
10.61 hp hr/gal
3000 lbs.