Farmtrac 555 feedback

/ Farmtrac 555 feedback #1  

nmextex

Tractor
1994 Kubota 5030SU
Im looking at a 2004 Farmtrac 555 (50 hp) 2wd, with quick attach loader, hay spear, set of rear remotes. Approx 150 hrs on the tractor. The price I have gotten to is 11.3K for the tractor and implements mentioned. Can anyone comment on how competitive the price is for this tractor? Any feedback re price to value is appreciated.

/ Farmtrac 555 feedback #2  
nmextex said:
Im looking at a 2004 Farmtrac 555 (50 hp) 2wd, with quick attach loader, hay spear, set of rear remotes. Approx 150 hrs on the tractor. The price I have gotten to is 11.3K for the tractor and implements mentioned. Can anyone comment on how competitive the price is for this tractor? Any feedback re price to value is appreciated.

The only comparison I can give you is this. I paid $11K for a new Farmtrac 535 last August. That was without a loader.

If the tractor is in good shape, no obvious abuse, and the loader is complete and working (is it a Farmtrac loader? New retail price on a FT loader for that tractor is probably $4K+), it sounds like a good deal.

Does it have any warranty left? Even though it is a 2004 model, warranty would have started at time of sale, which could have been 05 or even 06.

I don't really know how well the FT's hold resale value. They are not an expensive tractor to begin with, but I think they are great value for the money spent. I don't know where you could get a 50 hp utility tractor with a loader and 150 hours for that kind of money.