Farmtrac Filter. Farmtrac Update

/ Farmtrac Filter. Farmtrac Update #1  

Suburban600

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 60
The Farmtrac Filters are expensive.

Using Ford 3910 I found these filter numbers for the oil and hydraulic.

WIX filters: Hydraulic 51712 Oil Filter 51775

Has anyone used aftermarket filters on their Farmtrac 60 or 555? If so, lets develop a cross reference list (if not already done)

By the way here is one of my periodic updates on my 2003 Farmtrac 60.

350 hours.

3rd left pittman steering arm (replaced retaining bolt and really cranked on it with a long bar, locktite, and brake cleaner to assure no grease in connection). Problem has been wear in the slot on the pitman where the woodruff key fits.

Replaced rubber boot on 5320 loader joystick

Replaced Grille

Changed large and small airfilters

Put new set of blades on my SQ 72 bushhog...snapped one blade off cutting brush.

Will haul my 10-80 disc plow to my Dad's place. Recently snapped right end off plows crossbar. Broke right at the linch pin hole.

Have neutral safety switch in box ready to install

Need to run wire from Alt to Starter or Ignition Switch for Alt energizer. Still just touching a wire.

Latest projects (visit index for pictures)

Bushhogged about 2000ft through the pocosin (high thick swamp) with very thick vegetation. Use back in technique after punching a hole through my radiator grille and almost piercing my radiator quite a while back.

Dug shallow pond 3' about 70 X 30 using my FEL, a pond scoop and my old 10-80 Dearborn disc plow. Taking advantage of the dry weather. Ran the tractor over the surface of the pond numerous times. Holding water so far.

Built a deer stand 4wX8LX8H on my patio. Used the tractor FEL and chain on pallet forks to lift the box up and transport to the woods. Then used FEL to lift box 8' into the air. So, that legs could by inserted into the elevator brand metal connectors. Since I'm adverse to heights did it this way vice build on site. I'll have pictures on my website someday.

Have seen lots of deer and other wildlife. However, the deer this year harvested sitting in a regular tree stand, on the ground or flushed (Son got that one, single shot H&R 20 gauge #3 buck 15 yards running)

My favorite dealer is:

Roger Fowler Sales & Service, Inc.
Suffolk VA 23438
Phone 757-986-3503
Fax 757-986-2151

Honest appraisals of Farmtrac line ie some models recommended some not. 60 is recommended. Good shop and great parts servce. Ask for Todd or Eric. I do business with these folks since their place is right on Hiway 13 the road I use going up to Hampton VA.

/ Farmtrac Filter. Farmtrac Update
Sorry Papy, Don't have that info. Not familiar with that model tractor.

/ Farmtrac Filter. Farmtrac Update #4  
Jim,
I agree with you that Roger Fowler's is a very good dealership. I got my 360 there in Oct '06 and have no complaints about the tractor. I said in another post that I believe dealer prep makes a world of difference in the problems you have, I haven't had any.

We moved here in '04 and got a Ford 3000 with the place, I had never owned a tractor and wasn't too sure what to do or how to do it, without killing myself. I had seen the tractors on 13 and went to visit to ask lots of dumb questions. Todd answered them and told me to call when I had more. When it came time to replace the Ford, I went to the dealer that I trusted.

When it's time for a new truck, I'll go see Roger on the other side of the road.

Mark

Mark,
Good to hear. Real nice folks who take care of customers. Roger Fowler's is a good place to buy a tractor or a truck. Nice to see a successful family owned operation.

Jim

/ Farmtrac Filter. Farmtrac Update #6  
most use a 1536 napa on hyd some of the last units used 1715

agequipt said:
most use a 1536 napa on hyd some of the last units used 1715
Thanks! I put a 1715 hydraulic filter on my tractor yesterday.

/ Farmtrac Filter. Farmtrac Update #9  
If your farmtrac has a Daedong engine we as Kioti dealers can help.

/ Farmtrac Filter. Farmtrac Update #10  
I have a Montana 3840, which I hear matches a Farmtrac dtc360. Does anybody know the numbers for a hydraulic filter?