FarmTrac Troubles

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,002  
Taxpayer,

Thanks for weighing in!
taxpayer said:
...we got off to a good start in this war, but it was soon forgotten...but somehow [dealers] have come to believe it can be settled by peace talks -- ain't gone happen...
Probably should remember what works and stick with it.
As if you're going into someone else's neighborhood, play by their rules and beat them? Indeed, foolish to think such an outcome is likely to happen.

taxpayer said:
there are questions that must be answered, questions that the customers and general public have NO knowledge of at this point.
There are a cadre who continues plugging away at it! My gratitude go to them ... and encouragement to keep at it.

taxpayer said:
...AC needs to be identified and his role be made public,the pressure in tarboro is another point...
Yes, the lid needs to come off that stench and the public should have a full whiff of it.

taxpayer said:
...the IRS should be pointed in the direction of those who profited off this scam and all the evidence gathered up...
For all the crooked deeds, I find it difficult to believe these cats had reconciled taxes? That in itself should make them worthy of some sort of fines, deposition(s) and/or Federal inquiry(ies)?

As if the Town of Tarboro didn't get stiffed some money in the deal? [Court docs say the Receiver has made a conscientous installment ... I'm referring to tax years 2005, 2006, 2007]. I find it verrrry hard to believe.

--b

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,003  
I found this quote on another thread here from Messick Equipment and he wrote " I know this is beat to death here, but a good dealer is what makes the brand. None of these companies are anything without the dealerships backing them up. If your local Deere guys have crappy attitudes things would probably be very different in your area. Heck, I don't sell Deere, but if thats how your local dealers are than whats what you should be buying. No tractor is worth buying from anyone who can't back it up, not matter how good a value is maybe."

I think that is a very profound statement and I wanted to share it on this Farmtrac trouble thread. That statement says it all. I hope that the floor plan companies and all the other tractor manufacturers read that. Don't just read the words. But listen to it when you say it. If you have no dealers-you have no product to sell. The product is not worth the money it took to assembly that unit. Dealers are a very, very vital role in selling products. Obvioulsy or the floorplan companies and manufacturers would just sell the product direct! YOU NEED THE DEALERS!

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,005  
I guess that is why Messick sells so many parts on the internet!!!Local service??? Most weekend warriors do not understand what is means to have a strong local dealer with "parts" and "service because many of the cut's only need filters, belts and hoses. They get that at the local car parts house cause they perceive them to be "cheaper". They buy their other parts online and get mad if they can't find someone to help them fix their tractor under the shade tree. They can't understand that Liability insurance has to be paid Workman's comp insurance, "Local" sales tax and oh yea a live able wage to your employee's. That is the big change coming to the Ag Market, many cut's are having to pay the bills at the local tractor dealer cause most farmer are starting to act like weekend warriors, can you blame them, if you can get the other guy to pay the bill while you get yours for free more power to you. But do not be surprised when you see a sign in the local farm equipment dealer stating. "we will work on your tractor for $500.00 per hour if you bought it somewhere else and you supply the parts. We guarantee nothing and by the way pay the estimate plus 20% up front and please understand it may be a few weeks before I can work on it cause i got to help fix a tractor I sold a guy over the internet in a state three hundred miles away so I will be on the phone a----while!!!!!" It is all about the money nothing more nothing less this is not your grandfathers generation you are dealing with!!!!! No loyalty to any person or brand until you need something. Just facts as I see them. oh yea!! how many JD's has Home Depot sold!!! The numbers will surprise you! Guess who they suckered to do the warranty work????? Oh their dealers make a profit doing warranty work. O' Really!!!

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,006  
Blueliner,
Wouldn't it be great if some one passed a law to the effect that if a manufacturer or distributor missed a tax payment by so many days the tax authority would require the manufacturer/distributor to notify all dealers and prospective dealers of the failing. If this had been law in 2005 I would never have taken on the Scorpion tractors and the attending loss that caused me and I would have been suspecting problems at Farmtrac before I read about it on TractorBynet.com!

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,007  
Hey Rascoil-How's that tractor working for you? All up and running great I hope! Give us an update!

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,008  
I am pretty new to this site, I did buy a brand new farmtrac from a local dealer who has now been apparently forced to close his doors. I put in a thread asking about a filter crossover list and got 1 response about the oil filter but none of the other filters for my 360 DTC with FEL , so I thought I would ask some of you guys for any info that you might have. I am pretty whipped out about the owners of the company pulling this stunt on you fellas and I do hope that this will work out one way or another without putting you fellas out of business, any help from you all would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,009  
longtrman said:
Blueliner,
Wouldn't it be great if some one passed a law to the effect that if a manufacturer or distributor missed a tax payment by so many days the tax authority would require the manufacturer/distributor to notify all dealers and prospective dealers of the failing. If this had been law in 2005 I would never have taken on the Scorpion tractors and the attending loss that caused me and I would have been suspecting problems at Farmtrac before I read about it on TractorBynet.com!

Longtrman,
Thanks for the post. Shows me you're thinking.

That seems like it'd be an extension of the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley business reform act.

I wonder how much "infrastructure machinery" would be required to implement it? Maintain it?

Sounds like something to hit up state and federal legislators for.

Don't know where this ties in but... I think you mentioned running a Dunn and Bradstreet report on a business to check their fiscal health.

Since even beancounters can only cook the books so long ... the aforementioned keeps leading me back to something: Textron's complicit role in the scam finance program, investment flop and subsequent scramble to recoup losses through a joint tractorloading effort with "sleeps with the fishes" Farmtrac North America.

--b

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,010  
NO!!!!N0!!!!!NO!!!!-----BLUE----- TALK POSITIVE ABOUT T------so that the dealers will lose only half as much money-----around here they are talking about a discount match if dealers talk positive about T------and Farmbrac tractors so let's help them talk positive. Customers beware someone wants someone else? to start telling lies now!!!!!! Long term parts support???? Long term warranty???? Resale value after T------ gets rid of all their tractors and the dealers are the only ones with paid inventory. what a great deal!!!!Get it right and then ask the dealers to participate!!!!