FarmTrac Troubles

/ FarmTrac Troubles #41  
Textron is probably in a bigger panic than any of us can imagine right now......

/ FarmTrac Troubles #42  
tommybr said:
Textron is probably in a bigger panic than any of us can imagine right now......

I'm sure they are not thrilled but they have been through this stuff before.....

Ken

/ FarmTrac Troubles #43  
yea..with Easy-Go golfcarts, etc.

/ FarmTrac Troubles #44  
tommybr said:
Just thinking aloud...

Somebody said 5,000 unsold tractors. If Textron financed those to the dealers at $20,000 each that's $100Million that Textron won't receive as soon as they expected.

No wonder they seem to be squeezing everybody involved.

/ FarmTrac Troubles #45  
Check out Textron's earning reports and finacial statements for last year.(google textron) They could eat the investment on Farmtrac if they chose to and not even blink. They have 18 billion in backorders out of the Cessna and Bell divisions alone. Even if the total was as large as 100 mil it would just be a bump in the cash flow. Textron will do what is best for Textron and if that means sinking Farmtrac and getting a tax writeoff that is what it will be. Not to be a pessimist, but I've been on the bottom end of a corperate ladder before. What makes Textron the $$$$ is what will Textron will do.:(

I'm not trying to start an arguement, just don't bet the farm on that horse.;)

/ FarmTrac Troubles #46  
There are many div of Textron so there is some concern. The magic # seems to be 54 mil. for inventory ,Plant and Equip. The problem is that is 2 yrs inventory, and we are in soft market. The bigger play in this is all the other dist. and mfg watchiig how this plays out. Textron Stands to loose more buisness than just Farmtrac. Beat the Dealers and watch them drop any line that uses Textron. The National Farm Mach shows next week might be interesting.

/ FarmTrac Troubles #47  
I bet Textron's risk analalysts are having a field day on this one. What ever losses they would actually have after liquidation of that $54 mil, legal repercussions and assorted fallout vs. what they have to gain by keeping Farmtrac in business. 2007 total cash flow for Textron was reported 1.3 bil. and projecting a sizable increase for '08.:rolleyes:

/ FarmTrac Troubles #48  
One other thing to consider....there are many Farmtrac dealers who carry a second brand....Montana, Cub Cadet, etc. If Textron drives the Farmtrac dealers out of business it will come back to haunt them because Textron floorplans for so many other brands as well. I do know for a fact that Textron floorplans Montana and Cub Cadet and there are Farmtrac dealers who carry Montana or Cub as a second line.

/ FarmTrac Troubles #49  
.......in the previuos post I should have said "additional brands" instead of "second brands" .....sorry.

/ FarmTrac Troubles #50  
I predict that if all else fails, TEXTRON will take over operations in Tarboro. Of course, they would then seek out a buyer. But this is just a feeling I have....I could be wrong. My crytstal ball is not working too good these days (LOL).