Farmtrac Front End Loader Bolts Broken

/ Farmtrac Front End Loader Bolts Broken #21  
Also want to know if you found where the coolant was going

/ Farmtrac Front End Loader Bolts Broken #22  
I realize this is an old thread but I have this issue reoccurring on my 360dtc and I has been redone with 1/2 bolts and 9/16 bolts and now I am doing it with 5/8 bolts. I drilled out the 2 most front holes in the frame on both sides to use them since the factory did not use all the bolts in the block and I fabricated plates to the loader frame out of 5/8 plate to also use the front 4 holes of the frame on the front as well as the 4 in the back and 2 into the transmission. The loader brake ts have broken before and have been welded and plated. My tractor never came with a support from the bottom of the loader frame to the rear axle like most tractors have so I am fabricating them and so the bolts don稚 back out I am going to be using red locktight on everything and I think I知 going to tack every bolt head to the frame so they can not loosen up. I also have noticed a small loss of coolant and I can not see where it is going so has anyone seen anything on that?

While it appears Hunter123 came and went on 5/25/18 and has yet to return to date, in the event he does .... Hunter thanks for sharing your planned remedy to what appears to be one of the most glaring shortcoming with respect to the Farmtrac 5040 and 5140 front end loaders. I believe these loaders can be found on many Farmtrac 270 and Farmtrac 320 and 360 models. I wonder if the Montana twin to the Farmtrac, the Montana 2740, experienced similar bolt failures as I think some were paired with identical front end loaders and some with the curved boom type of FEL. Regardless, nice work. An update down the road would be welcome. Many model 270dtc and 320dtc are in service out there.

Anyhow, I have absolutely zero welding and metalworking skills. The head of one of the loader bolts sheared off on my 270 however it appears that the remainder of the bolt (threads and shank) remain intact. Someday I will try to extract and replace. Until then, fingers crossed. Loader work around my farm is restricted to mostly horse manure management so rarely is the loader heavily taxed. I fear further damage when a heavy load of stone needs to be moved however.

Finally, I will answer my own question above. When I asked how a cylinder can be ruined by a busted weld on a loader bracket, I was thinking ENGINE cylinder. Only when I read this again, almost a year later, did it occur to me that 1farmtrac was talking about a different type of cylinder. Duh.