Farmtrac 300 DTC - Questions 3

/ Farmtrac 300 DTC - Questions 3 #1  

larsnet

1. Can anyone tell me where to look for the hydraulic oil dipstick and fillup hole on this tractor?
I have the Long Agribusiness shop manual (it must have been beamed here by transporter from Korea and lost half its molecules, as it's almost unintelligible) and its not where the manual says it is. The tractor has a 4 cylinder Mitsubishi motor.

2. Is the glow plug relay and the glow plug timer the same thing? If not, where is the timer?

and, more obscurely,

3. The glow plugs are marked "Champion ch 144" and I can find no sign of these on the web. But, NGK Y110 and NGK Y114T glow plugs look the same. Do any of you folks know if either of these models would be appropriate?

4. Does anybody have a good idea for reinforcing the flimsy wheel guards? Thanks

/ Farmtrac 300 DTC - Questions 3 #2  
I'm positive there are plenty here more knowing than I, but to at least respond to part of your question, on my 300 the fill and dipstick hole is right there beyween your legs...

/ Farmtrac 300 DTC - Questions 3
That's where the hopelessly blurred shop manual from Farmtrac says it should be. The cover plate to the shuttle shift rods and other transmission bits is there, but no dipstick.

I now have a new problem. The shuttle shift is stuck in neutral. No reverse. If I maintain constant pressure toward forward, the tractor will slowly advance, but too much speed and - zzzzzzzzzzz! It grinds and slips! It isn't engaging.

I am beginning an exploratory operation, so I will find that filler plug, maybe under the seat support.

Does anybody know what is entailed in swapping out the clutch or dismantling the transmission? Can I accomplish this from the top without dropping the clutch and tranny? The machine, which I like quite a bit, is stuck on a road going through mosquito infested wetlands, and the job is going to test this mechanics mettle.

This shop manual is ridiculously bad. Printed by a computer, the poorly translated text refers to diagrams that are just scrambled enough to be indecipherable. Man! If anybody knows good threads on these subjects, please put 'em down. Thanks...

/ Farmtrac 300 DTC - Questions 3 #4  
The dip stick is in the middle of the hump in the floor between your feet. It sounds like the range selector is between ranges probably medium and high, that is why your not moving. The glow plug relay is activated by the glow plug timer, the only failure I have had with any of my LG/LS tractors.

/ Farmtrac 300 DTC - Questions 3 #5  
I have a farmtrac 300 dtc acts like the clutch is slipping but reving never changes the speed in low range high range won t move the tractor