Tractor
    Farmtrac 535

Default hydraulic problems with my farmtrac

no hyd pressure as far as i can tell , no power steering loader won't work, 3 point hitch won't raise. i tried bleeding the air out , lots of white stuff, water and oil mix. any ideas what to do would be greatly appreciated. 535 tractor with a tarboro built loader. thanks, johnny

Tractor
    FarmTrac 535

Default Re: hydraulic problems with my farmtrac

Hey Johnny, check out this thread I started last fall. My 535 still has PS because it has a separate pump for the PS. I still have not found time to open it up for a look-see, but I just retired from my high-school teaching job so I expect to get started on it in a day or two.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...c-failure.html

Good luck! Tex

Tractor
    FarmTrac 535

If you looked at the link above you will understand better what I am describing here. Turned out to be a 4-hour job -- I'm pretty slow with a wrench. I removed the left footboard and hydraulic pipe section under the footboard. Then I pulled the round cover on the left side of the trans housing. The wire-mesh intake filter attached to the inside of the round cover was covered with a slimy coat of material that looked like vaseline. When I cleaned up and reassembled, the hydraulics were like new again.
    I caught about a gallon of hydraulic fluid that drained out the round port and a pint that came out the pipe leading to the spin-on hydraulic filter, so be ready with pans. I probably should have replaced all the hydraulic fluid, but I topped it off with about a gallon of fresh, and I'll see how it goes.
    Good luck with yours, Johnny.

Tractor
    Farmtrac 535

thanks for the help, got it working today, johnny