Good deal? (320 DTS)

/ Good deal? (320 DTS) #1  

cook96cbra

Bronze Member
I posted this in the "Introductions" forum too...

Tell me what ya think:

2005 Farmtrac 320 DTS 30hp diesel 4x4 with loader (5ft bucket) 214hrs 8x8 syncro and a 5ft brush hog for $7500. Has no issues, no leaks and has been taken care of.

Good deal or run away?

Thanks, Matt.

/ Good deal? (320 DTS) #2  
Go ahead and price other manufactures units with the same hp, hours, loader, and features and then you tell us. I don't think their will be anything close to the price. Nice tractor. LS Tractor U.S.A., carries all the parts. It also has a Kioti motor so, no problems there. What a buy. Trac

/ Good deal? (320 DTS) #3  
Go ahead and price other manufactures units with the same hp, hours, loader, and features and then you tell us. I don't think their will be anything close to the price. Nice tractor. LS Tractor U.S.A., carries all the parts. It also has a Kioti motor so, no problems there. What a buy. Trac

Kioti motor? I thought it had a Mitsubishi motor.

/ Good deal? (320 DTS)
Thanks for the replies! Yeah Trac, that's what I'm thinking. I have looked and I think it seems to be a great deal. I just wondered what ya'all thought. By "Kioti" motor do you mean that the Kioti uses the same Mitsu motor?

~M

/ Good deal? (320 DTS) #5  
Thanks for the replies! Yeah Trac, that's what I'm thinking. I have looked and I think it seems to be a great deal. I just wondered what ya'all thought. By "Kioti" motor do you mean that the Kioti uses the same Mitsu motor?

~M

I think the Kioti comment was just a mistake... not that Kioti makes a bad machine by any standard, I think some of the Farmtracs might use Korean engines. I was under the impression the Farmtrac DTS's all used Mitsubishi engines. As some here know, I am certainly a Mitsubishi man/fan/advocate and owner. I have owned a number of Mitsubishi 3 and 4 cylinder tractors and think they are bulletproof, smooth running machines. I think the selling price on this particular tractor makes it a very good deal. I would not hesitate to buy it.

/ Good deal? (320 DTS)
I think the Kioti comment was just a mistake... not that Kioti makes a bad machine by any standard, I think some of the Farmtracs might use Korean engines. I was under the impression the Farmtrac DTS's all used Mitsubishi engines. As some here know, I am certainly a Mitsubishi man/fan/advocate and owner. I have owned a number of Mitsubishi 3 and 4 cylinder tractors and think they are bulletproof, smooth running machines. I think the selling price on this particular tractor makes it a very good deal. I would not hesitate to buy it.
Yeah, from my research on the 320 DTS it infact does use a Mitsu 3cyl diesel.
I have plans to pick it up on Friday, August 27th. It's a 10 hour round trip for me but the guy I'm getting it from is going to meet me half way. The 27th is the first "free" day I have to go get it...

/ Good deal? (320 DTS) #7  
Oh yea, be sure to check the loader mounting bolts. They are known for coming loose and wallering out the holes. PITA to replace. I see in the pics the 320 your after has the old style (Black) loader. I don't know if the mounting bolts were a problem then or not.

/ Good deal? (320 DTS)
Oh yea, be sure to check the loader mounting bolts. They are known for coming loose and wallering out the holes. PITA to replace. I see in the pics the 320 your after has the old style (Black) loader. I don't know if the mounting bolts were a problem then or not.
That's the good kind of info I need! Thanks! I'll be sure to check it.

/ Good deal? (320 DTS) #9  
The Farmtrac 320 DTC uses a Daedong 3A165 motor, that Kioti used in the DK 35 tractor in and around 2005. The 330 HST used the same motor. Look on top of the valve cover of the the 320, a tag is present. I sold these tractors for many years and do know what I'm talking about. Great little tractor. Little rough running after they started in cold weather, but did always start. Wouldn't mind owning one. Who knows, maybe I'll buy back one that I sold someday. Trac

/ Good deal? (320 DTS)
The Farmtrac 320 DTC uses a Daedong 3A165 motor, that Kioti used in the DK 35 tractor in and around 2005. The 330 HST used the same motor. Look on top of the valve cover of the the 320, a tag is present. I sold these tractors for many years and do know what I'm talking about. Great little tractor. Little rough running after they started in cold weather, but did always start. Wouldn't mind owning one. Who knows, maybe I'll buy back one that I sold someday. Trac
Hey Trac, thanks for the info. All I have done is surfed the internet and all I know is what I have found (not much). I'll have the tractor Friday, August 27th. It sounds like it should be somewhat easy to get parts for. It's good to know the motor was used in another tractor. I see Sundowner Tractor in SC seems to have / be able to get parts.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I should look out for when I go to pick it up, any red flags? How about after I get it? Things I should or shouldn't do? Maintenance tips?