Price Check Farmtrac 270 DTC

/ Farmtrac 270 DTC #1  

fishwhistle

Tractor
Farm Trac 270 DTC
I am a new member who is seeking a little guidance on pricing and selling my current tractor, a Farm Trac 270 DTC with front bucket, 4wd and about 90 hours on it doing light duty stuff - i own 60 acs, wooded in west central fl. and my late husband used the tractor to maintain trails mostly. The trailer and bush hog attachment are also included. Since this was his first tractor, there are a few dings and scrapes. I have it on ocala craigs list for $9500 and asked for offers but wonder if i shouldn't post it elsewhere also to get more than local exposure. Any ideas on pricing or advertising would be greatly appreciated.

/ Farmtrac 270 DTC #2  
I am a new member who is seeking a little guidance on pricing and selling my current tractor, a Farm Trac 270 DTC with front bucket, 4wd and about 90 hours on it doing light duty stuff - i own 60 acs, wooded in west central fl. and my late husband used the tractor to maintain trails mostly. The trailer and bush hog attachment are also included. Since this was his first tractor, there are a few dings and scrapes. I have it on ocala craigs list for $9500 and asked for offers but wonder if i shouldn't post it elsewhere also to get more than local exposure. Any ideas on pricing or advertising would be greatly appreciated.

Very sorry for your loss, ma'am.

Others outside of your immediate area will find the tractor on Craigs, using search engines such as Craiglook and other means. TractorHouse will run an ad for free for you. Also, right here on TBN.

Just be advised that folks really, really push you on your price. That's just the way it is, given the economy and all. You'll sell it to the right person, but it takes awhile sometimes. You will be able to judge your asking price, to see if it is right by how many serious calls you get on it.

If the phone doesn't ring in a week, but maybe once, that will be your feedback that it is a tad too high. Not saying it is, just use that as an indicator.

/ Farmtrac 270 DTC
Thank you for you helpful and prompt reply. You have given me some good advice on pricing for my area. Thanks!

/ Farmtrac 270 DTC #4  
Thank you for you helpful and prompt reply. You have given me some good advice on pricing for my area. Thanks!

This link probably won't make you very happy, but reality is important.
2008 Farmtrac 270 Tractors | NATHAN FREY FARM EQUIPMENT UPPER SANDUSKY, OH #FT101

As you can see, that tractor might still be available, NEW, old stock, at dealerships. The wise shopper will know this. If he can find one, he might be able to snag a brand new one from a Montana dealer (they bought FarmTrac's stock when they went bust) for as much as you are asking. This is your competition. The new one will finance at zero, most likely, and the buyer will get a warranty. Very hard to compete with.

Again, if your phone isn't ringing almost daily, you will know the price isn't right to attract shoppers. Here's to wishing you the very best success.

/ Farmtrac 270 DTC #5  
You could also look into taking it Week Auction in Ocala. It doesn't cost anything to put it up for sale and they will let you "no sale" the tractor if you can't get the bid you like.

If it does sell, they will take part of the money, but their cut is not that much.

4851 West State Road 40 Ocala Fl. 34482

Hours of operation:
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m

Phone: 352-351-4951

/ Farmtrac 270 DTC
Thanks for the heads up on the Ocala auction. I will look into that. Thank you for your response.

/ Farmtrac 270 DTC #7  
Just for your info I bought the same setup with a loader only that was three years old (2007 model)and repo'd with 135 hrs. I gave 8350.00 for it in August of this year. I am in Kansas. Hope this helps.