FT360- Hydraulic screen/strainer location?

/ FT360- Hydraulic screen/strainer location? #1  

Slacker

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 TLB
Getting ready to change the hydro oil in my gear drive 360DTC. I checked the owners manual for a strainer/hyrdo screen but it doesn't mention one. There must be a screen to filter out any big chunks somewhere! Anyway, I've got the new filter and fluid, last item is to locate the screen and find enough buckets to hold all the old fluid....oh, and at least a six pack of frosty cold beverages.
If anyone can point me to the screen I'd be grateful.

thanks.

/ FT360- Hydraulic screen/strainer location? #2  
I don't ever remember any kind of screen on my 390HST when I changed the hydro oil. Just two filters, one on the main hydro line and one on the transmission. I don't remember any talk of one in the service manual either.

I used a couple buckets for draining into. Just make sure you have a couple :)

/ FT360- Hydraulic screen/strainer location?
I don't ever remember any kind of screen on my 390HST when I changed the hydro oil. Just two filters, one on the main hydro line and one on the transmission. I don't remember any talk of one in the service manual either.

I used a couple buckets for draining into. Just make sure you have a couple :)

I'm betting the 390 with the hydro tranny has more fluid than the gear shift. I'll be sure to have at least two buckets. I still think it has a screen somewhere. btw, I've got the 390 service manual if you need it.

/ FT360- Hydraulic screen/strainer location? #4  
No suction screen on 360 or 390 models. Went to service school many years ago and asked the same question. Service tech. said they didn't need one. Filter is 40 micron which traps most contamination. 390 holds 39 quarts when empty. The 360 holds about 30 qts. Change your fluids and filter ( filters 390), every 2 years for the average home owner. Yearly if used 200 hours +. trac

/ FT360- Hydraulic screen/strainer location?
10-4. Thanks Trac.