PTO always engaged

/ PTO always engaged #1  

jacquesta78

Tractor
farmtrac dt300
Just got done putting our 300 back together after a split to replace the reverse gear. Now the PTO runs constantly. Looks like the gear is not in the PTO clutch correctly. Any suggestions on what it could be?

/ PTO always engaged #2  
If the pto plate splines were not aligned when putting back together, it was easy to bend the plates. They are really light and not very forgiving. With the top cover off, oil drained, look to see if the gooves from the plates are riding in the same spot as before. That will tell you if the gear is in correctly. trac

/ PTO always engaged #3  
If your tractor has an electric engage switch like our 360 does, is it possible that you shorted the wiring somehow?

/ PTO always engaged
Trac,
One of the discs did get bent while reinstalling. Tore it back down and replaced the bent fiber disc. Only problem is now the owner waited for me to go to work and ran the tractor for 2-3 hours. After I got back he told me the PTO would run for a minute then slow down to a crawl. He neglected to finish filling the hyd fluid and ran the tractor 2 gallons low while trying all this. Pulled it back apart and the clutch is toast........... I used the good discs from the old pto clutch but I'm curious...........Anyone heard of shimming these PTO clutches?

/ PTO always engaged #5  
If I was doing the job. I would replace the whole clutch pack. It is to much work to keep splitting this tractor. To much risk, being the unit was run low on oil. Replace the whole pack and start new. trac