Farmtrac 555DTC

/ Farmtrac 555DTC #1  

Eric Gillum

Tractor
Farmtrac 555 DTC
My 2007 farmtrac 555DTC has a busted rear end case behind the brake peddle rod, Im not sure what broke inside yet.Will parts from any another tractor work (mainly the rear end case $$$)? If so what kind and which model.
Has any one had this problem?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

/ Farmtrac 555DTC #2  
My 2007 farmtrac 555DTC has a busted rear end case behind the brake peddle rod, Im not sure what broke inside yet.Will parts from any another tractor work (mainly the rear end case $$$)? If so what kind and which model.
Has any one had this problem?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
The parts which fit these are not interchangeable with FORD, I do think you can get the parts from

www.sundow nertractor.com
Authorized distributor for Farmtrac Parts, Tractors. Mahindra Parts.

good luck

/ Farmtrac 555DTC #3  
On my 555 the carrier bearing housing came loose and pulled out. It wrecked the pinon bearing as well as the pinion itself. One of the bolts fell into the 4x4 gears and got shot out the case. Minimal damage from what it could have been. I was able to braze up the case and only 1 small chunk out of 1 4x4 gear so just reused that. My biggest issue was the ruined pinion where the circlip holds the bearing in place . I opted to replace the whole gear set.

I would start by pulling the side inspection cover and looking in and then depending on what you see the top 3 point cover. The left as you are sitting on it wheel trumpet is the easiest to pull as the diff lock is on the other side. Pull the brakes and axle out as a whole assembly and the trumpet, then the gear to get a good look inside. Just be friggen careful as the stuff is heavy, especially the tire. I used a shop crane and a buddy to help.