Farmtrac 60 problem

/ Farmtrac 60 problem #1  

Longshot1

Tractor
Farmtrac 60
Tractor has always started and ran great. Bushhogging today and it started losing power. Would barely run under no load. Noticed white exhaust intermittently. Drained fuel filters and added diesel fuel treatment. Started and ran decent but after about 10 minutes of work laid down again. Digging for owners manual now. Help appreciated.

/ Farmtrac 60 problem #2  
I had the exact problem with my former tractor - a FarmTrac 535. I ended up taking off the valve on the bottom of the tank and found a really cheesy screen filter in there that was almost completely clogged with gunk. That cured the problem for a while. I fixed this same issue about 2-3 more times times and finally bid the tractor a not so fond farewell. The place I traded it in at had been a former FarmTrac dealer and the service guy said they had found injector issues in more of the FarmTracs than they did in the other brands they sold.

/ Farmtrac 60 problem #3  
My FT60 has a fuel filter in the bottom of the fuel tank on top of the shut off valve. Fuel line runs to the injector pump where you will find another small filter at the bottom. Then of course the two main fuel filters. If one filter is plugged I would change then on down the line.

I have almost 2000 hours on my old flat fender '98 FT 60 with zero injector issues as I keep clean fuel and change filters before any issues show up.

/ Farmtrac 60 problem
I was fortunate. First thing I checked was the screen in the injector pump. Waxed over. Finished job and now will pull fuel tank screen and primary fuel filter. Thanks for both replies as they were spot on. Jigbuilder do you have a part number for the filter? Mine is a 2000 "60".

/ Farmtrac 60 problem #5  
Sure don't.
Give sundownertractor.com a 1-800. They should have your answers.