Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Oliver 1855, Case 1840, Cub 1550

Default Re: Buying a Farmtrac 665DTC...should I?

Nice looking tractor, very good price! Many of the parts are same as Ford, India plant built tractors for Ford.

Tractor
    '73 MF135 & Montana 4540

Quote Originally Posted by weathda View Post
    Does anyone have a cross-reference napa, wix or baldwin number for those fuel filters? They are a Mico F002 H20 306.
    This is a bit worrisome... I just checked Wix and they list most FarmTrac models except the 665.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Ben Franklin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1973 MF135 Perkins Gas and 2006 Montana 4540 w/FEL

Tractor
    Kubota M9540 w/FEL

Congrats on the "new Tractor". Looks like a good one!

Tractor
    Dresser 175C, Farmtrac 665DTC

Thanks Dr Dave and Davidsan. I hope it will provide some good service.

BBM, I noticed that too about the filters. I can get them from Sundowner, but would like to get them local if I could.

Tractor

The primary and secondary fuel filter numbers are buried in this forum. The original filters both have drains.

Fuel
    Napa: 3472 (P/S)
    Baldwin: BF1226 (P), BF1372 (S)
    FleetGaurd: FS1251 (P), FS19599 (S)
    Wix: 33472 (P/S), 33358 (without drain)
    MF: 3904889M1 (P), 3904888M1 (S)

Engine
    Napa: 1452
    Baldwin: B118

Rear/Hydraulic (2)
    Napa: 1712
    Baldwin BT8504

Tractor
    FARMTRAC 555

Quote Originally Posted by weathda View Post
    The primary and secondary fuel filter numbers are buried in this forum. The original filters both have drains.

Fuel
    Napa: 3472 (P/S)
    Baldwin: BF1226 (P), BF1372 (S)
    FleetGaurd: FS1251 (P), FS19599 (S)
    Wix: 33472 (P/S), 33358 (without drain)
    MF: 3904889M1 (P), 3904888M1 (S)

Engine
    Napa: 1452
    Baldwin: B118

Rear/Hydraulic (2)
    Napa: 1712
    Baldwin BT8504
    Try and use original filters with drains on this tractor
    The Fuel injection pump on these tractors are pricey.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    555DTC Farmall 200

Parts are not an issue, these tractors are still being made in India.

Tractor

I bought the service manual from Sundowner. Not too impressed with it for the money - several spelling errors, missing sections in my opinion, but it helped with fluid capacities and had a nice procedure for adjusting the valves. The valves were clattering a bit when I bought it. After adjusting (several were way off) it sounded much better. I painted the battery box. The fuel gauge wasn't working and I happen to look in the tank from the fill and saw the float was doing the back stroke all over the place. It had somehow detached from the rod. Took the whole dash apart so I could remove the sending unit and check it. It tested ok and so I reattached the float, put it back together, turn the key and I was reading half a tank...excellent!

While the dash was apart and the throttle and shifter lever were out I lubed the collars that hold them. I greased and oiled all the linkage points. Changed out the hydraulic fluid w/ filters and engine oil w/ filters. I replaced the primary fuel filter which was incredibly dirty. Put on the new filter and opened the drain till I saw fuel coming out the filter drain. I then opened the fuel bleeder and used the primer pump till fuel came out the bleeder. The tractor cranked right up! I then repeated the same process for the secondary filter and the tractor cranked right up! Not as bad as I though it would be. I replaced the coolant. Added slime to front tires, widened all 4 wheels out all the way as I have some steep hills I'll be cutting on. The rears were loaded and required help from my dad and brother. I also put 450lbs on the front bracket. Painted some rusty spots and painted the canopy top, replaced a pin on the lift arm where someone had lost the original and put a smaller pin. The smaller pin was gouging the holes. I bought a 1" hydraulic pin from TSC and had it machined down to 0.91". Oh and fixed a hydraulic leak on the right hand side of the transmission at the elbow of a drain tube(?). Gave it a good wash and now I'm planning to take it over to my property in the next few days for it's maiden voyage. I'll give my impressions after this weekend's use.

Tractor
    Farmtrac 360 DTC

Nice looking tractor, I don't know about the model you have, but I get my filters for my FTrac 360DTC from CarQuest; they told me that WIX makes their filters and they seem to be good quality. anyway, my point is that they matched my oil & fuel filters with no problem, and they always have them available, and the prices are reasonable.

Tractor

I found all the oil filters at Napa and I was able to pick up Wix fuel filters (with drains) at O'Reileys. I put 14 hours on it this weekend mostly bushogging with an 8' cutter on hilly terrain. It ran that entire time on a tank of fuel so not too bad on fuel. The 4 wheel drive was great, could not have cut half of what I did without it. My only gripes are the emergency brake doesn't hold well although the foot brakes work fine. Also I wish the lift arm lever was a little higher. The stop on the lift lever doesn't allow you to bypass to let the implement all the way down. The stop has to be unscrewed and reset if you want to drop the cutter to the ground. The tractor is very stable on the front with the 1600 lbs cutter. The lift was strong and had no problem picking the entire cutter up. The little 3 cylinder pulled the cutter fine and up some pretty steep inclines too. Here's a few pictures I took.

-dsc04880-640-jpg

Fueld up and ready to go. The Duel. My brother does the main cutting with this 9540. I do all the trimming work...

-dsc04890-640-jpg

-dsc04894-jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast