farmtrac 555 injection pump

/ farmtrac 555 injection pump #1  

whodat526

Veteran Member
Tractor
fords
how do you time the pump gear to theinjection pump shaft on a 555 farmtrac

/ farmtrac 555 injection pump #2  
Does this help???? Never did it but I have the service manual.

RE-TIMING
1-Rotate the crankshaft so as to bring No.1 piston 24° before TOC for Farmtrac-60 and 26° TOC for Farmtrac-50/55 tractor, on compression stroke. The timing marks are inscribed on the flywheel which should align with the arrow mark inscribed on the window as required.
2-Remove the injection pump inspection cover by removing the two screws.
3-Remove the delivery valve holder of No.1 pump plunger and take out the delivery valve, valve spring and spring guide. Replace the holder in its place and fit a swan Neck Pipe over it.
4-From the pump adapter flange nut, rotate the pump cam clockwise and keep rotating till the fuel stops flowing from the Swan Neck Pipe in the upward stroke of the No.1 pump plunger. This is known as the "Spill cut-oft-timing" .
5-Without disturbing the position of adapter flange, install and secure the fuel pump drive gear & adapter plate with the help of three mounting bolts and spring washers, to the adapter. Tighten the bolts snugly.
6-Rotate the crankshaft through two revolutions and align the timing marks again, simultaneously checking that the fuel cut-off takes place as observed instep 4 above. If so, you have timed the pump correctly and the three bolts can be tightened to the specified torque of 28 Ibs. ft.
7-Remove the Swan Neck Pipe and replace the delivery valve spring and spring guide into the delivery valve holder. Tighten the dellvery valve to the specified torque.
8-Connect the respective fuel injection pipes keeping the nozzle end nut loose. Bleed the system by cranking the engine until the air free fuel is injected from the pipes. Tighten the nozzle end pipes nuts, one by one.
The engine is now timed and ready to start.
9- Re connect the fuel cut-off control.

/ farmtrac 555 injection pump
it helps some but the people that worked on the tractor be for me remove the adapter plate and gear from the pump and i dont know whick way the gear bolts on to get it timed to the adapter plate

/ farmtrac 555 injection pump #4  
Do you have a parts break down. Here is one Operators and Service Manuals for Farmtrac and Mahindra Tractors and Implements
fuel is section 1. Sorry really nothing else in the service manual except for this

1-Mount the pump on to the engine front cover plate with the help of three mounting bolts and spring washers keeping the gasket between the plate and the pump flange.
2Connect the respective fuel lines and bleed the system up to fuel pump gallery by operating the fuel lift pump hand priming lever.
3Fit the adapter flange on the pump shaft and ensure that the woodruft key is in position. Replace the spring washer and nut.
4Connect the venturi connection tube assembly.

/ farmtrac 555 injection pump #5  
I have the service manual. If you still need to know how to do this, I will scan the page. And before someone says that's stealing- Long Agribusiness put that stuff in the public domain. That's why it's legal for a certain tractor company to sell you a PDF of the book for $125 or a cheapo print out for $150.

do either of you have the numbers off of the pump the injection shop sand blasted the numbers off of the pump and cant find them anywhere

and can you email me the pages out of the book